• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Free Tickets!!!

pinochadeac

Reaction score
Let the giveaways commence! Got this email today:

Good Morning-

Thank you for your support of Wake Forest Athletics. *As a token of appreciation, we would like to offer you*complimentary*tickets to the Wake Forest vs Colgate basketball game on*Friday, November 8th at 7:00 PM.

You are*eligible*for complimentary Colgate tickets equal to the number of football season tickets you have purchased {Ex: If you have four football season tickets, you may request four men's basketball tickets vs Colgate}.* To secure these Colgate*tickets,*you*can*stop by the Wake Forest*Ticket*Office *at Bridger Field House*(between*8:30 AM and 5:00 PM*November 4th through*November*8th) **or at the LJVM after*5:30 PM*on November 8th. *
Also, the Florida State game kick off *has been set for*12:00 PM on Saturday, November 9th. *If you would like to purchase*additional tickets to the Florida State game, please feel free to contact me*at 336-758-4036 or visit*wakeforestsports.com. *Don't forget to help Black Out BB&T by wearing black to the game.

Thank you for your support, Go Deacs!

Last edited:
So the free ticket brigade is starting early this year. And then they'll proclaim "4th best attendance in the ACC." Absolutely pathetic.

The marketing department's got a good thing going on right now with Cassteven's innate ability to generate profits. They don't even have to charge for tickets anymore.

Casstevens probably has a hard on...sell-out baby!

It looks bad but it makes some sense because it's the night before a home football game.

This isn't going to help as much as you might think. I think I'm one of about fifteen season ticket holders left... and I have better things to do on a Friday night.

Wear Black to the ass kicking coming on Saturday? Guess they want to officially be mourning in advance...

The marketing department's got a good thing going on right now with Cassteven's innate ability to generate profits. They don't even have to charge for tickets anymore.

Going to be seeing some interesting stuff with casstevens this week ;)

I just feel bad for the rep. Can you imagine trying to sell these tickets? It's a thankless job.

I just feel bad for the rep. Can you imagine trying to sell these tickets? It's a thankless job.

Years from now the rep can tell (brag) to his/her proteges that I was able to succeed in unloading all those tickets. Like selling snow to an Eskimo...

The Sunshine Patrol is saying, "Since they aren't offering 3 free tickets for each of your tix, it's not really a bribe."

To be fair, we could be in the top 5 and there would still be nowhere close to full capacity at the Joel for a Friday night game against Colgate. I bet they count every one of those potential giveaway tickets as paid attendance, though.

To be fair, we could be in the top 5 and there would still be nowhere close to full capacity at the Joel for a Friday night game against Colgate. I bet they count every one of those potential giveaway tickets as paid attendance, though.

I guess it depends on your definition of close. We'd have 3 times the number of paying fans in the seats for a top 5 team than we'll have this Friday. Would every seat be full? Of course not. Would it be anything like the attendance we see now? No.

I guess it depends on your definition of close. We'd have 3 times the number of paying fans in the seats for a top 5 team than we'll have this Friday. Would every seat be full? Of course not. Would it be anything like the attendance we see now? No.

Well compare an opening night crowd when Skip was here and we were ranked to now with Bzzz and a team that is well, not exactly. Seems like we'd normally draw 10,000 plus just about every game and that was probably pretty accurate as far as seats being filled. Now, the "official" attendance will probably be 7,000 or so and maybe 4,000 to 5,000 butts actually being in seats.

Last edited:
Back