• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Free Tickets!!!

he will grab a lot of rebounds, and a really high number on the offensive end of the floor.

You realize he was tired for 160th best offensive rebounder in the NCAA last season, right? And 129th for total rebounds/game?

Like you said, your argument is purely subjective. If you want to bring numbers into it, find some that help.

You realize he was tired for 160th best offensive rebounder in the NCAA last season, right? And 129th for total rebounds/game?

You do realize that height, vertical jump, hands, teammates, shot selection, etc. play a role in rebounding, right?

he will grab a lot of rebounds, and a really high number on the offensive end of the floor.

You do realize that height, vertical jump, hands, teammates, shot selection, etc. play a role in rebounding, right?

Remind me again what those things have to do with your statement about "a lot of rebounds". I didn't see you mention "a lot of rebounds" for his height, vertical, hands, etc.

Remind me again what those things have to do with your statement about "a lot of rebounds". I didn't see you mention "a lot of rebounds" for his height, vertical, hands, etc.

You purposely left out the first part of my quote, which referred to rebounding when someone else is shooting a free throw. Here's my entire quote, "Watch Devin when someone else is shooting free throws - he will grab a lot of rebounds, and a really high number on the offensive end of the floor." Since I admitted that it is a difficult quality to judge, and you decided you wanted to bring some stats into the conversation, maybe you could find some stats on offensive rebounding on free throws.

So Racer, you disagree that Devin plays hard and with intensity?

Nice of the AD to promote, via free tickets, attendance at a WF sports event which really means nothing while at the same time diminishing the attendance potential at the #13 ranked men's soccer game tonight.

The men's soccer team can finish anywhere from 1st to 5th in the ACC regular season and play Syracuse at Spry tonight at 7PM.

Nice of the AD to promote, via free tickets, attendance at a WF sports event which really means nothing while at the same time diminishing the attendance potential at the #13 ranked men's soccer game tonight.

The men's soccer team can finish anywhere from 1st to 5th in the ACC regular season and play Syracuse at Spry tonight at 7PM.

The AD has done a really good job of promoting the men's soccer team this year, and rightly so because the team is really good. Free drinks, free food, the food trucks at the last game, etc. I have no problem with the AD also promoting the bball team for their first game.

DV7, what is it exactly that you disagree with and took so much offense to?

That they work harder than many of the players we have had in the past. Just because their skill set was higher, didn't mean that Chill, Rodney, TD, Darius, etc. etc. etc. didn't work just as hard as Devin and Tree do. It's just such a stupid statement.

Tree runs around a lot and a lot of the time that gets him out of position. But, the crowd loves a trier. "Oh, bless his heart. He is trying so hard!" Yeah, I'm sure he speaks so well too.

So Racer, you disagree that Devin plays hard and with intensity?

Reading fails you. Nothing I've posted has dealt with how hard he plays. But now that you've asked, no, I don't disagree. I do, however, disagree with your assertion:

In my opinion, Tree and Devin play harder than almost any wake player I've watched in 30 yrs.

I can think of multiple players from the last 30 years that played just as hard if not harder. We get it, "playing hard" and "culture" resonates with the old white guy crowd and Wellman and Bzz are feeding it to y'all by the spoonful, but the continued attempts at lofting this current crop of questionably talented and awesomely cultured players above the extremely hard working and fine young men who actually won games and championships in the past is just sad. We have some great guys on this team. We've had great guys on the team for the last 30 years.

Save me the underlying "I'm a better fan because I go watch these guys try hard" hysterics. Our club teams are FULL of "great kids" who work really hard, but I don't care to spend my money and time away from my family to go watch them play ball.

Last edited:
Rafi isn't an old white guy. I'm pretty sure that is NGARep. He works in the Athletic Department and isn't even 30 years old.

Rafi isn't an old white guy. I'm pretty sure that is NGARep. He works in the Athletic Department and isn't even 30 years old.

Ahh, so he's even more a part of the problem. Not that we needed more confirmation, but it's good to know the AD is full of yes men (or boys in this case?).

I'm not old and don't work for the athletic department (and never have). I am white, though.

It's not a knock on previous players to say that Devin plays harder than almost any other Wake player I've watched. Just as it's not a knock on other football players to say Nikita plays harder than almost any other Wake football player I've watched. They are simply my observations, and it is a quality that I appreciate when watching a game. It's the reason I like watching Kenneth Faried play. I think Devin could be a similar player to Faried, although he has a long way to go. Plus, as I pointed out in his Draft Express profile, and the tweets that came out of the U19 USA try outs, it's an observation many others have made of Devin as well.

Devin had a tendency to get lost during some games last year. He plays hard but not always effectively. He has the physical tools. His improvement needs to come between the ears. Focus young man.

Back