• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Free Tickets!!!

Well compare an opening night crowd when Skip was here and we were ranked to now with Bzzz and a team that is well, not exactly. Seems like we'd normally draw 10,000 plus just about every game and that was probably pretty accurate as far as seats being filled. Now, the "official" attendance will probably be 7,000 or so and maybe 4,000 to 5,000 butts actually being in seats.

Of which a significant percentage will be freebies given away to businesses, scout troops, football season ticket holders, etc.

Well compare an opening night crowd when Skip was here and we were ranked to now with Bzzz and a team that is well, not exactly. Seems like we'd normally draw 10,000 plus just about every game and that was probably pretty accurate as far as seats being filled. Now, the "official" attendance will probably be 7,000 or so and maybe 4,000 to 5,000 butts actually being in seats.

Exactly. I'm not sure about 10K, but it would have been around half full under Skip or Dino. 4-5K in the seats is extremely generous for this Friday... I'd bet no more than 2000 actually in attendance. In any case, this is not that big a deal to me, but I'm sure that there are worse things to come. Sales/giveaways for ACC games always kill me.

Opening night on Friday of a football weekend would have been 9K or more easy 10 years ago.

Actually, this a money saving gem of an idea thanks to Casstevens. There are 15,000 printed tickets and Wake probably has sold and mailed out 5000 of them leaving 10,000 to give away. Instead of putting all these tickets into 2 large garbage bags, Casstevens can give them away in this promotion so that you can throw them away. Look at the labor he has saved and the costs of two large bags. Brilliant!

I still can't believe we have a crook running the books.

We have an untouchable, delusional ego-maniac running the AD.
We have an uninspiring and antisocial basketball coach.
We have a semi-retired football coach who has been cashing it in.

What's not to believe?

Actually, this a money saving gem of an idea thanks to Casstevens. There are 15,000 printed tickets and Wake probably has sold and mailed out 5000 of them leaving 10,000 to give away. Instead of putting all these tickets into 2 large garbage bags, Casstevens can give them away in this promotion so that you can throw them away. Look at the labor he has saved and the costs of two large bags. Brilliant!

This reminds me of when the WFL started. The Philly team gave away enough tickets at the Navy Yard to fill JFK Stadium for the first couple of games. Then it looked like a ghost town when they stopped papering the stands.

This just came out on Facebook...

Wake Forest will host the inaugural Lawrence Joel Veterans Memorial Classic next Tuesday, Nov. 12, vs. VMI. The Deacons are offering free tickets to any active and veteran military personnel and their families. Wake Forest will also honor the Joel family at the game.

I have nothing against giving the military free tickets mind you but Casstevens is working his magic! I smell a sellout!

Wake Forest will host the inaugural Lawrence Joel Veterans Memorial Classic next Tuesday, Nov. 12, vs. VMI. The Deacons are offering free tickets to any active and veteran military personnel and their families. Wake Forest will also honor the Joel family at the game.

I have nothing against giving the military free tickets mind you but Casstevens is working his magic! I smell a sellout!

Got word about this today. From what I'm hearing it went out to several other commands in NC. Nice gesture from WF to the military.

I don't see a problem with this especially with the upcoming name change.

We will probably play VMI or The Citadel or an academy every year.

I wonder how many FSU fans are going to be there. I saw where Wake advertised during the FSU/Miami game.

Wake Forest will host the inaugural Lawrence Joel Veterans Memorial Classic next Tuesday, Nov. 12, vs. VMI. The Deacons are offering free tickets to any active and veteran military personnel and their families. Wake Forest will also honor the Joel family at the game./QUOTE]

Cool idea, especially with the recent purchase of the Joel.

Speaking of the purchase, I like the changes Wake made to the concourse. There's a lot more black and gold now in ljvm, which is impressive since the purchase just went through a few months ago. I'm looking forward to continued improvements and hopefully several areas honoring previous players and teams.

They've done similar free tickets for the military in the past. I don't have any problem with that at all.

Cool idea, especially with the recent purchase of the Joel.

Speaking of the purchase, I like the changes Wake made to the concourse. There's a lot more black and gold now in ljvm, which is impressive since the purchase just went through a few months ago. I'm looking forward to continued improvements and hopefully several areas honoring previous players and teams.

Any pictures?

I'm looking forward to continued improvements and hopefully several areas honoring previous players and teams.

I look forward to have teams play in the Joel again that will be worthy of honoring in the future.

Given that we own the arena now we need it as filled as possible to generate more concessions revenue - its possible we'd have to fork money back over to our vendor if we don't hit certain benchmarks.

Given that we own the arena now we need it as filled as possible to generate more concessions revenue

I had a solution for bringing fans back to the Joel. It was right on the tip of my tongue, but I just can't remember what it was...

Back