• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

FUCK BOEHEIM & HIS SONS

You are all ACC guys so I get your hatred of Boeheim. But I grew up a Big East kid and back in the day there was nothing better for me than the Big East and their coaching carousel. Whether it was Pitino, Boeheim, Calhoun, Massimino, Thompson, Carneseca, Carlesimo, they were each a Show every night and the battles were epic. When the League collapsed most of these legends moved on. But Boeheim turned into a bitter, crotchety old man always trying to relive past glory. He resented losing the impact his Program and League once had and never changed. Hell he ran that stupid zone until the day he retired. He hated going to the ACC where the basketball was played with finesse rather than his rough and tumble Big East. If it wasn't for the allure of the Dome, the whole Program would have collapsed years ago and they would have fired his ass. Of all the Syracuse BB fans I know, not one will miss him. He over stayed his welcome and tarnished his legacy the last 15 years, Sad really.

Last edited:
I don’t like the hire. Maybe they have the inside scoop on him.

Seems you could have parlayed this on a splash hire. And, if not, at least give another young guy a chance. Then you get the payoff. Hiring old has little upside.
Autry is 51. Played at 'Cuse. Coached at 'Cuse. The guy basically bleeds orange. They didn't exactly "hire old" here.
How big a splash is Syracuse basketball going to make ? It's a school in the middle of nothing that gets 100" of snow a year. That plays in a dwindling ACC.

You are all ACC guys so I get your hatred of Boeheim. But I grew up a Big East kid and back in the day there was nothing better for me than the Big East and their coaching carousel.
Whether it was Pitino, Boeheim, Calhoun, Massimino, Thompson, or Carlesimo, they were each a Show every night and the battles were epic. When the League collapsed most of these legends moved on. But Boeheim turned into a bitter, crotchety old man always trying to relive past glory. He resented losing the impact his Program and League once had and never changed. Hell he ran that stupid zone until the day he retired. He hated going to the ACC where the basketball was played with finesse rather than his rough and tumble Big East. If it wasn't for the allure of the Dome, the whole Program would have collapsed years ago and they would have fired his ass. Of all the Syracuse BB fans I know, not one will miss him. He over stayed his welcome and tarnished his legacy the last 15 years, Sad really.
100% agree with this. at the height of the Big East, Boeheim was part of must see Big Monday.

I seriously hope this guy continues the 2-3 zone. Real talent doesn't want to play in it. But it makes some guys look awesome, who then get drafted, and subsequently flame out.

The Mach Brown of college basketball. One title because of one player and hung around…

Even after giving the school 47 years of his life he couldn't go out gracefully on his own terms. Glorious! Jerk!

I have no idea who is at fault for that Boeheim shit show and I really don't care to think about it for another second, but what a strange and terrible exit. Gross.
I believe that Boeheim chose to have it end this way in the sense that for the last 10 years or so Syracuse has asked him for a timeline for retirement and he has refused, insisting that he would make that decision and then proceeded to drive his team deep into mediocrity, forcing the school to make this decision. He was too ego-driven to realize that he was ruining his chance at a farewell tour a la Coach K,

Back