• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fuck You, Jeff [Redacted].

BTTT, as 3 of 4 Tobacco Road schools prepare to play in the Sweet 16 while we still suck, hoping that Manning may be able to get us back to the Tourney 2 years from now if we get some breaks. Fuck you, [name redacted], I hope that Wellman's semen pooled in your lower intestine rots through your innards.

031614_Ron_Wellman_640x360.jpg
0130004.jpg

I'd just like Ron to give his take on the state of the program after year 5 of his "blow the program up". I'd also like to hear where he believed the program would be after 5 years. My guess is on the day he hired Jeff he'd believe in year 5 we'd be competing for championships and Final Fours. What he did 5 years ago and where we are now would get any CEO in America fired. It could literally be 3 to 5 more years before we get back to the NCAA's.

I'd just like Ron to give his take on the state of the program after year 5 of his "blow the program up". I'd also like to hear where he believed the program would be after 5 years. My guess is on the day he hired Jeff he'd believe in year 5 we'd be competing for championships and Final Fours. What he did 5 years ago and where we are now would get any CEO in America fired. It could literally be 3 to 5 more years before we get back to the NCAA's.

Would love to have the real story on Dino leaving and Bz coming and Wellman's thinking. Why someone doesn't at least dig into that story upsets me. At least ask questions Dan.

Utah, which finished last in the RPI among power conference teams and started multiple walk ons in Larry Krystkowiak's first season in 2012, is also preparing to play in the Sweet 16. Although they probably did not bother themselves with building a foundation, and were more concerned with actually winning.

Would love to have the real story on Dino leaving and Bz coming and Wellman's thinking. Why someone doesn't at least dig into that story upsets me. At least ask questions Dan.

It's rather obvious that he has but has only been given anything off the record.

Ron's inner monologue 5 years ago: It's difficult to work with Dino, so I am going to can him. The blowout Saturday against Kentucky in the round of 32 is the last straw. I bet I can bring anybody in here and be successful. We have been to the postseason 18 of the last 20 seasons. Only an idiot can fuck that up. However, I'd like to bring in somebody I know, trust and can control. I bet I could get Jeffy down here.

I tried to find the ACCSPORTS.COM article from 2013 that discussed the circumstances surrounding the [Redacted] hire but it looks like it has been taken down from the website. While not coming close to answering everyone's questions, I thought at the time it was the most thorough reporting on the subject that had been done to date. It was the article that first reported that there had been negotiations between Ron Wellman and Jim Larranaga that broke down, presumably over money, and preceded the Bz hire.

If anyone can find the article I would really like to give it another read. It was published on March 21, 2013 and titled "Wellman's Risky Call".

BTTT, as 3 of 4 Tobacco Road schools prepare to play in the Sweet 16 while we still suck, hoping that Manning may be able to get us back to the Tourney 2 years from now if we get some breaks. Fuck you, [name redacted], I hope that Wellman's semen pooled in your lower intestine rots through your innards.

Doesnt matter, got paid (thanks duke,
Unc and state)

Ron's inner monologue 5 years ago: It's difficult to work with Dino, so I am going to can him. The blowout Saturday against Kentucky in the round of 32 is the last straw. I bet I can bring anybody in here and be successful. We have been to the postseason 18 of the last 20 seasons. Only an idiot can fuck that up. However, I'd like to bring in somebody I know, trust and can control. I bet I could get Jeffy down here.

i can totally hear this.

We need it on the record and in print

Well, short of Dan voluntarily committing career suicide it's not going to happen unless the people who have spoken to him on the record change their minds and decide to go on the record. Which we all know isn't going to happen.

Well, short of Dan voluntarily committing career suicide it's not going to happen unless the people who have spoken to him on the record change their minds and decide to go on the record. Which we all know isn't going to happen.

Perhaps Dino will pen his memoirs or Country Dan will make it his final column.

ACC Tournament, I believe the Finals.

Graphic comes up with NC schools in the ACC and total ACC basketball titles - highlighted Duke/UNC/NCSU and then "others."

WFU not included in the NC schools.

ACC Tournament, I believe the Finals.

Graphic comes up with NC schools in the ACC and total ACC basketball titles - highlighted Duke/UNC/NCSU and then "others."

WFU not included in the NC schools.

Yes, but did they show NC schools in the ACC and their number of titles in "historical competitiveness"?

Don't jump to conclusions. ;)

Back