• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fuck You, Jeff [Redacted].

Listen, I know recruits and parents of recruits read message boards. It is part of today's current recruiting climate. But for [Redacted] to really pin this on the boards is laughable. If the boards were the reason he changed his mind, then we need to look at the root of the problem.

At least we can now pat ourselves on the back for making the "environment so negative" that he finally resigned, or Wellman finally gave in and accepted it this time.

Good riddance! I know I toasted his deposed ass with several shots of Capt Morgan on the golf course last weekend.

I bet they really think we're a "minority"

Agreed. Which is insane, but that's life in the bubble.

If I had Bzzz's email address, I'd gladly write him a "beautiful" email. Someone hook me up

LOLOLOL, Buzz has entered Benedict Bob level of trolling. You were getting killed in recruiting because you're a fucking horrible coach, a horrible motivator, and have no idea how to connect with college kids. Go away, asshat.

Two thoughts:

1. [Redacted] is somewhat delusional. He truly believes that this year's 17 wins was a big success for the program. Well it was relative to his 8 wins the first season, but it wasn't compared to Wake before he got here. Who are the "six people" who got in trouble with the law? Is he counting Gary Clark's "run-in" or whatever that was? Is he counting guys who got in trouble after they left? Even then I'm only up to five (which isn't any better really just curious). Not to mention he REALLY thinks it's the minority of Wake fans who wanted him gone and not roughly 99% of the fanbase.

2. Travis obviously doesn't like [Redacted] nor does he think he was good for the program at all. We all knew this but it's still interesting to read.

And the negativity on the boards didn't just surface the day before signing day. If it was ever a real concern to Haas, then [Redacted] and LaRue should have known about it and addressed it with the kid.

Instead, Haas pulls his verbal and [Redacted] doesn't get down to see him until 3 or 4 days later.

Fuck everything about that guy.

"Wake is primarily a basketball school and fans are passionate here,” Johnston says. “People remember the days of Chris Paul and Tim Duncan.”

Senior forward Travis McKie, 21, seconds this statement.

“I hope our team goes back to the way I found it,” McKie says. “When I was recruited we were number one in the nation.”

...and then RW hired his buddy Bzzz....:eek:

This site you have to register to lurk, right? Can mods check if anyone registered around the Haas recruitment period from wherever in bumblefrick he's from from IPs?

LOLOL at Buzz thinking this year was in any way a success. This season was a complete disaster in all regards. What a fucking loser.

Thank you Travis for remaining sane and refusing to publicly turn on the fans. Wish you the best of luck. Sorry you had to endure four years of this mess.

LOL at Buzz thinking he in any way positively transformed the program. 6-12 in your last year when we had won an NCAAT game the year before you? What a fucking asshat.

"Hilary Burns is a senior at Wake Forest University." @hilary_burns USA TODAY Collegiate Correspondent

What a clown....she is a student at Wake?!?! We need to blow up @hilary_burns for writing this garbage AMIDST OUR COACHING search. Is it because she arrived at Wake the same time as Bz and just doesn't get it?

I bet she rocks a Hilary Clinton sticker on the car daddy paid for

Numbers straight up called him our worst ever coach. Nice. Wish there had been more Numbers quotes.

For somebody who doesn't read the internet, newspapers, or billboards, Bz seems awfully quick to blame message boards and the fans for his failures.

Hey Bz, did you ever consider that the fans hate you because you're a fucking loser who can never take responsibility for anything? And that maybe this might be why you can't recruit or motivate a team of young athletes to win games?

Talk about a complete lack of self-awareness.

Last edited:
"Hilary Burns is a senior at Wake Forest University." @hilary_burns USA TODAY Collegiate Correspondent

What a clown....she is a student at Wake?!?! We need to blow up @hilary_burns for writing this garbage AMIDST OUR COACHING search. Is it because she arrived at Wake the same time as Bz and just doesn't get it?

Hilary's very good at what she does and she's a very nice person. I thought it was a fair article, especially since USA Today likely assigns the topics.

Ya, those comments from Travis are telling. Reading between the lines and all.

I've been hard on ya Trav for your under-performing at times, but you're a good man Charlie Brown. Always unafraid to accept responsibility in the press. A very solid rep for WFU indeed. Just wish he could have enjoyed a sweeter taste of success.

Speaking of Trav, Numbers and Cumby should hit him up for some inside info on the Richmond insider circuit, find out what's going on in that head of his.

I'm at a loss at how someone could read that article and get angry at the writer of all people.

Bz and Ron are quite the team. Nice to see Bz is still damaging the program on his way out the door. Getting $6-7 million wasn't enough I guess.

Ya, those comments from Travis are telling. Reading between the lines and all.

I've been hard on ya Trav for your under-performing at times, but you're a good man Charlie Brown. Always unafraid to accept responsibility in the press. A very solid rep for WFU indeed. Just wish he could have enjoyed a sweeter taste of success.

Speaking of Trav, Numbers and Cumby should hit him up for some inside info on the Richmond insider circuit, find out what's going on in that head of his.

We're lucky Travis stuck around given Bz's penchant for blaming the "bad apples" he inherited, who were probably his friends. No wonder he never had any motivation to get better under coach dickhead.

Back