• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

FUCK YOU LEBRON

i'll eat some major crow on lebron. i've never been a fan of his, but found myself defending him thinking that the alpha/beta discussion was mostly crap and that he had taken control of the team midway through the season. whenever i saw them play, it seemed that he had the ball in his hands nearly every big possession. through the first 3 rounds of the playoffs he was a BAMF down the stretch, again dominating the ball. however, when the chips were down in the finals he absolutely wilted like he wanted no part of the moment.

this will haunt him until he wins multiple titles.

i'll eat some major crow on lebron. i've never been a fan of his, but found myself defending him thinking that the alpha/beta discussion was mostly crap and that he had taken control of the team midway through the season. whenever i saw them play, it seemed that he had the ball in his hands nearly every big possession. through the first 3 rounds of the playoffs he was a BAMF down the stretch, again dominating the ball. however, when the chips were down in the finals he absolutely wilted like he wanted no part of the moment.

this will haunt him until he wins multiple titles.

That's because lebron is a bully, and bullies don't like to be bullied.

Fuck him and the hydraulic lift he rode in on.

I had liked LeBron until last Summer. He had worked hard at his game and improved enough to take the Cavs, an otherwise limited and marginally talented team, to the Finals. And while he may not have been the brightest guy in the world, he at least had avoided major gaffes in the media and was mostly liked by fans across the country. But he has spent the last 12 months throwing that away with The (Worst) Decision, ongoing testiness with the media and fans this whole season and then his post-game comments last night. Dude needs to look in the mirror. Neither God nor fate has anything to do with who wins a basketball game. If it "wasn't your time", that's not because God or fate stepped in, it's because you weren't mentally ready for the moment down the stretch in the last few games. He needs to realize that he's responsible for the public tearing apart of his image, grow up, grow a pair and get mentally focused to do this thing right next season. And keep his mouth shut in the meantime.

Dad says it just wasn't his time. Apparently he told that to Lebron as well, who communicated it over what was once my favorite mode of handing out enlightened moments. If you guessed Twitter, you're correct.

Wait a minute ... Kobe Bryant claims to be your daddy.

I had liked LeBron until last Summer. He had worked hard at his game and improved enough to take the Cavs, an otherwise limited and marginally talented team, to the Finals. And while he may not have been the brightest guy in the world, he at least had avoided major gaffes in the media and was mostly liked by fans across the country. But he has spent the last 12 months throwing that away with The (Worst) Decision, ongoing testiness with the media and fans this whole season and then his post-game comments last night. Dude needs to look in the mirror. Neither God nor fate has anything to do with who wins a basketball game. If it "wasn't your time", that's not because God or fate stepped in, it's because you weren't mentally ready for the moment down the stretch in the last few games. He needs to realize that he's responsible for the public tearing apart of his image, grow up, grow a pair and get mentally focused to do this thing right next season. And keep his mouth shut in the meantime.

I'm not sure how hard he has worked on his game. He has a good handle for a 6'8 guy, but his jump shot is really inconsistent, and can't make 3s consistently. Most notably, he has been in the NBA for 8 years, and has NO post-up game. He almost always is guarded by someone smaller, but either can't, or is unwilling, to develop any low-post game to take advantage of the mistmatches.

I think he just relies on being bigger/stronger/faster than everyone else.

Basically its either a bullrush or a chuck 3 when it comes to him. He has no midrange game whatsoever, facing or posting. He also hasnt figured out how to play off the ball either. He doesnt even have a signature move that he can rely on to get a good shot all the time. and he's still got the thinnest of thin skin.

The first thing he needs to do is own his mistakes. No more of this "I spoil you with my play" bullshit whenever he has a bad game.

I'm not sure how hard he has worked on his game. He has a good handle for a 6'8 guy, but his jump shot is really inconsistent, and can't make 3s consistently. Most notably, he has been in the NBA for 8 years, and has NO post-up game. He almost always is guarded by someone smaller, but either can't, or is unwilling, to develop any low-post game to take advantage of the mistmatches.

I think he just relies on being bigger/stronger/faster than everyone else.

He's a much better outside shooter than he was when he entered the league. He'll never be Ray Allen, but he's improved significantly in that department. Dude also plays excellent D, although was a bit suspect last night. I think he gets down and can be affected by negative energy. Riley and Spoelstra need to sit him down for a few talks this offseason.

does lebron want to win or does he want to be LEBRON

He acted liked a spoiled brat at the presser. He's a punk and has cost his "brand" mightily.

miami-heat-championship-shirts-ad.jpg

Agree with this. If you're going to act the way he has, if you're to call yourself "King" and televise your free agent signing, then you damn well better be THE guy when the game is on the line in the brightest spotlight. Jordan, Kobe, Shaquille, Duncan...those guys all know how to be THE guy when it counts the most. Even in the Olympics, Lebron deferred to Kobe to be THE guy in the gold medal game. Lebron needs a good, long look in the mirror today, followed by learning some new tricks this summer.

Congrats irish. Biggest win in Cleveland sports' history. Take a bow.

What's funny about all this is LeBron's house in Coconut Grove is in the same neighborhood as my Miami cottage (its more like a mansion to you normal people but calling it a cottage makes it sound quaint to me) and LeBron's is literally the smallest house in the neighborhood. LOL!

I'll go back to my regular life today LeBron.

The Heat were outscored by 36 with LBJ on the floor in the finals. They outscored the Mavs by 22 with him on the bench. An amazing stat.

Congrats irish. Biggest win in Cleveland sports' history. Take a bow.

Cleveland beat LA/Boston/MIA this season. Cleveland won the lottery and also has the 4th overall pick. And Lebron choked away his chance at winning the NBA Finals.

All things considered, sounds like a pretty good year for Cleveland fans.

This is great for Dirk, Jason Kidd & Jason Terry !! They played awesome

Back