• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

FUCK YOU, RON WELLMAN

Currie: "I would caution against assuming the accuracy of any figure stated in the media" regarding the buyout number

But I was wrong, eh?

I guess Currie is wrong, too.

But that could also mean that the buyout was higher than reported. It's not the definitive proof that you act like it is.

Amazing...yep, it would make sense that we would have to pay him more than all of his salary, all of his incentives AND a penalty.

I know I'm RJ, but that is batshit crazy.

Amazing...yep, it would make sense that we would have to pay him more than all of his salary, all of his incentives AND a penalty.

I know I'm RJ, but that is batshit crazy.
So, since you know what the buyout is/isn't, how much? And since you seem to know what the contract amount is, go ahead and let us know those details too. Drop the bomb RJ! Thanks.

So, since you know what the buyout is/isn't, how much? And since you seem to know what the contract amount is, go ahead and let us know those details too. Drop the bomb RJ! Thanks.
He doesn't.
He's just a troll.

He doesn't.
He's just a troll.

Never have said I knew what the number was. An educated guess would be something like $7-8M.

Yep Shogun, I'm a troll. One who was right saying Goodman was wrong about the number. One who has correspondence that said the buyout story was wrong (and has been confirmed by two other posters). And has also been confirmed by Currie, himself.

That's an interesting concept of a troll.

It's not my fault you were wrong all the way through this exercise, know no one, have no information and are too invested in hate to admit you were wrong or to try to make peace and go forward to a new day in Wake BBall and here.

It's on you, but you'd rather not have peace or fun. You'd rather perpetuate your misplaced hate.

I'm sure the guy has been totally silent about this for nearly two months put that out there because it's "meaningless".

Never have said I knew what the number was. An educated guess would be something like $7-8M.

Yep Shogun, I'm a troll. One who was right saying Goodman was wrong about the number. One who has correspondence that said the buyout story was wrong (and has been confirmed by two other posters).

You dumbass.
Nothing has "been confirmed by two other posters."

There were two accounts that said something like "OMG I JUST SAW RJ'S SOURCE AND OMG IT'S TRUE."
With absolutely nothing shown to prove a goddamn thing.
Just like you. So instead of making stupid ass trolling "bets" perforated with profane insults at people, how about you publish here on the boards some email, scan, or other hard copy of proof of your claims. Redact any or whatever personal info of your source if it's necessary.
But you can't. Because it doesn't exist.
Your source is probably some fat boomer golf buddy that knows jackshit from Adam.
Manning got $18 million. We owe him $15 million. He made $3 million a year.
That's the buyout amount, Nostredumbass.
As for Currie's statement? That's the shit all politicians say. It wasn't "confirmation" of a damn thing other than he didn't want to answer the question.
Damn.

So now your hatred of me is having you call other liars.

If I post anything on the board, I'll never get anything else. You are really tough with someone else's info.

Since it doesn't exist, you should be willing to put your life savings or board life up, but you won't. I'm willing.

BTW, if I "redacted" anything you'd cry foul immediately. You can't even keep your own BS straight.

I have not called you a single name in a bunch of posts, but you continue and blame me for your actions.

Last edited:
I will admit that I've totally been waiting for an opportunity to call RJ "Nostredumbass."

Mea Culpa.

Since it doesn't exist, you should be willing to put your life savings or board life up, but you won't. I'm willing.

I don’t know you at all RJ other than reading your posts. But, the fact that in this sentence you equated “life savings” and “board life” is probably a good a sign as possible that you are taking internet forum posting a bit too seriously.

Unfortunately, the writing was on the wall for Manning. Recently retired athletics director Ron Wellman sent a stern warning to Manning after a rough 2018-19 season.

“I expect that Danny will take the steps needed to show improvement on the court next season while continuing to lead our student-athletes to represent Wake Forest positively in the classroom and in the community,” he said.

https://thespun.com/college-hoops/wake-forest-firing-danny-manning

Yep Shogun, I'm a troll. One who was right saying Goodman was wrong about the number. One who has correspondence that said the buyout story was wrong (and has been confirmed by two other posters). And has also been confirmed by Currie, himself.

That's an interesting concept of a troll.

It's not my fault you were wrong all the way through this exercise, know no one, have no information and are too invested in hate to admit you were wrong or to try to make peace and go forward to a new day in Wake BBall and here.

It's on you, but you'd rather not have peace or fun. You'd rather perpetuate your misplaced hate.

That's some circular arguing if I've ever seen it. You never said you knew a number. You made an educated guess which proves Goodman's number is wrong. Dude.

HUH? Think of it this way. What data I had said something like, "Goodman's number is wrong." It went deeper than that, but never said what the number was.

Later, I could piece together, and it seemed like the number was $7-8M not $18M (then $15M).

The two statements are independent of each other.

Last spring/summer, I said Danny staying on had nothing to do with the "buyout" and it didn't. It was about Wellman's ego and not wanting to make it look like he got fired with Danny. That's why he didn't turn over full power to Currie until May1, when all the top coaches would have found new gigs.

Two people, whom I trust, have seen the correspondence and confirmed it said what I said it did and posted as such. Yesterday, Currie said the media got the buyout numbers wrong.

I fully understand that no amount of evidence could everbe enough for the RJ haters. People can believe what they want, but I have been consistent since last spring and even Currie has confirmed it.

Back