• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Future OOC Football Schedules (Updated with ACC games through 2026)

Problem with Stanford is a long trip there and risk of playing at a completely unfamiliar time based on ET. Like the last time we played them there. But otherwise, that is a good nonconf opponent. Good history but beatable with similar academics

It would be nice to change up the OOC rotation a bit though.

I’d prefer not to stick with the FCS, G5, G5, P5 model but it is what it is for now.

Yeah I would prefer FCS, G5, low P5 (vandy/northwestern/Rutgers), and a similar tier P5 (since we already play Clemson, I don’t need UGA/OSU, etc, but would like an Ole Miss, Mich. St, Tennessee type - basically the kind of opponent we would see in a non-playoff upper tier bowl)

I'd be o.k. if our nonconference schedules included home-away with APP State, Navy, JMU and Coastal Carolina, specifically b/c they are within driving distance, have good gameday atmospheres, and the surrounding area is a good place to spend a fall weekend.

NC FCS/G5, G5, 2 P5 is probably the way to go.

awesome news re: Liberty

The 2026 schedule could be tricky. Currently it is:

2026:
09/05 - OPEN (Liberty cancelled per Currie 9/16/22)
09/12 - at Purdue
09/19 - Northern Illinois
11/14 - at Army

We are contracted for two road games. Our one home game is Northern Illinois, which is a part of the original contract when we played them with Michael Turner ~20 years ago. They have pushed that game back more than once; if they do it again, we'll be trying to fill two home games and are almost certainly looking at a pile of "meh" (which is precisely what Liberty and N Illinois are/were)

Hope we get a good replacement. are we still playing State/UNC that year (too lazy to look)

Hope we get a good replacement. are we still playing State/UNC that year (too lazy to look)
as of now, 2025-26 would be the first two years that we do NOT play NC State. We are scheduled to play UNC those years.

Looks almost guaranteed that 2025 will be App on August 30 and 2026 will be an FCS team on Sept 6.

I definitely don't see starting 2026 with a P5 then at Purdue.

as of now, 2025-26 would be the first two years that we do NOT play NC State. We are scheduled to play UNC those years.
State has ECU in 2025 and Florida in 2026 on those dates, so pretty much no way that happens.

Looks almost guaranteed that 2025 will be App on August 30 and 2026 will be an FCS team on Sept 6.

I definitely don't see starting 2026 with a P5 then at Purdue.
not a guarantee that 2025 is App. It's a possibility, but it'd be expensive as hell to have a back to back years of 3 OOC home games for the smallest P5 school

not a guarantee that 2025 is App. It's a possibility, but it'd be expensive as hell to have a back to back years of 3 OOC home games for the smallest P5 school

2025 would be a make up game, right?

what ever happened to the Air Force home game? that would have actually been a pretty cool home game that we never got. I guess they bought it out?

Back