• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Future OOC Football Schedules (Updated with ACC games through 2026)

I would hope that we could grab a bigger name opponent for the 2025 slot. Not saying that we should shoot for an OSU/Bama/UGA/etc., but the schedule for 2024 is set up for it to be a big year, so it would be nice to plan 2025 to maximize exposure off of 2024. Grabbing a home and home with someone from that next tier of teams like an Oregon or Oklahoma State or someone would be great and we already have the game at Ole Miss.

Admittedly, though, I'm saying this with zero knowledge as to how hard it would be to schedule a good team this close to 2025.

Tenn has Cuse on that 2025 date.

Wow, I haven't paid a lot of attention to scheduling stuff, but 2024 does look like a potential huge season.

But 2026 is going to be so weird after being in the Atlantic Division for so long.

@ GaTech
@ Louisville
@ Miami
@ UNC
vs BC
vs Duke
vs Virginia
vs Virginia Tech

That's the Coastal Division right there...minus Pitt. Not gonna get used to that for a while.

We have three remaining games with Army - two there, one in W-S.

11/16/2024 - at Army

11/15/2025 - Army

11/14/2026 - at Army

We have holes to fill in the schedule in 2025 and 2026 thanks to the Liberty cancellation (and road P5 games those years), and 7 home games in 2024. Maybe we suck it up and play at Army in 2024 and then cancel 2025-26 to gain some scheduling flexibility.

I may have made this up but I thought there was some AD chatter about trying to get out of the Army games as well. I don't know if that is feasible especially with Buddie as the AD but yeah, I'd like to get out of the series.

Can we schedule a Home and Home with Auburn?

Big name, lean times for them currently, would help our national profile, imho.

Maybe Cincinnatti or UCF, to a lesser degree, but think we can beat them and would rather watch that, than ECU, Navy or whatever.

I don't think Auburn is interested in scheduling a home and home against a team from NC. The last game they played in this state was in 1987.

We would pummel USF.

Mark Richt nailed it during The Huddle pregame. Discussion of Wake/Army ongoing, everybody said Wake needs to win big to validate where they stand after FSU win and close Clemson loss, and then Richt took a second to say at large to ACC teams: "stop scheduling these games, nobody is prepared for the triple option and even when you win there's no reason to play the triple option opponents."

If WF drops Army in 2025 and 2026, the current OOC commitments are:

@ Ole Miss
W. Carolina

@Purdue
N. Illinois

Would guess that WF would add a low end BCS opponent for 2025 home game (UCONN, UMASS), and then possibly another home /away 2025/2026 series with another Power V team. The last 2026 spot would likely go to a home game against an FCS opponent.

Writing on the wall for at least two openings in the 2024-2026 is App State - I'd be surprised if that isn't announced in the next few months.

Mark Richt nailed it during The Huddle pregame. Discussion of Wake/Army ongoing, everybody said Wake needs to win big to validate where they stand after FSU win and close Clemson loss, and then Richt took a second to say at large to ACC teams: "stop scheduling these games, nobody is prepared for the triple option and even when you win there's no reason to play the triple option opponents."
yeah I fucking hate the triple option. cue all the people who will come in and post about how it's beautiful football. no. you know what's beautiful football? all the fucking bombs we threw against Army last year.

UCF, edited, not USF. But was thinking of teams we can beat but more attractive than the ECU, Old Dominions of the world.

Back