• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Future OOC Football Schedules (Updated with ACC games through 2026)

I'm a fan of series with power conference teams located in places that I'd actually be interested in traveling to for the away game. Vandy sucks and their stadium is trash, but it's an SEC team and Nashville was a lot of fun. I'm planning to go to Ole Miss in 2025. I'd love to have a series with Tennessee and South Carolina. Outside of the SEC, how about Northwestern and another series with Stanford. A week in wine country with a nice Saturday in Palo Alto sounds awesome.

We should get more of the random SEC schools like Arkansas, Kentucky, MS State, Auburn.

That current 2026 is a big decision for Currie and Clawson. That schedule looks really weak right now. Add a FCS opponent and 12-0 is very possible. But add a high profile opponent and that could be a statement game.

I have no problem playing in state G5 opponents - fun games and good banter. The Old Dominion/Rice types are two birds one stone: games that theoretically should be a win (sorry VPI) and also take us to a recruiting hotbed

We should get more of the random SEC schools like Arkansas, Kentucky, MS State, Auburn.
Yeah these are the types of schools that would maybe at least be open to a game. SEC schools that have an ACC rival aren't going to add Wake as well when they could use the second P5 game in an opener against like Oregon or Ohio State. Not sleighting Wake, but that's just not likely to happen

Yeah these are the types of schools that would maybe at least be open to a game. SEC schools that have an ACC rival aren't going to add Wake as well when they could use the second P5 game in an opener against like Oregon or Ohio State. Not sleighting Wake, but that's just not likely to happen
yeah I'd like to see us play South Carolina but agreed since they already play Clemson and occasionally the real Carolina.

don't want to play Vandy or Mizzou because they suck, TAMU because fuck them, and just assume that the bigger SEC schools would want nothing to do with us (TBD if that group includes Tennessee or not).

maybe some legacy Pac 12 and Big 12 schools: Arizona/State, Oregon/State, Cal, Stanford, UW, Wazzou, Baylor, K State, Texas Tech, Oklahoma State.

"Random" SEC schools ?

BTW, under the current scheduling regime, every year, Auburn plays Alabama, Texas A&M, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Arkansas, LSU, and Georgia; all of whom have been ranked this season. Their future OOC schedule isn't stacked for a reason.

"Random" SEC schools ?

BTW, under the current scheduling regime, every year, Auburn plays Alabama, Texas A&M, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Arkansas, LSU, and Georgia; all of whom have been ranked this season. Their future OOC schedule isn't stacked for a reason.
the non-elite, Reff-tier schools

I do like the idea of a big program matchup for the tv hype, but I would just as soon rather play an FBS (not a service academy) team that is an almost guaranteed win, get a good bowl game, and let the bowl game be the big program matchup.

I do like the idea of a big program matchup for the tv hype, but I would just as soon rather play an FBS (not a service academy) team that is an almost guaranteed win, get a good bowl game, and let the bowl game be the big program matchup.

Once the CFP goes to 12 teams, I fully expect Clawson will have us in several before he retires which will be far more fun than "a good bowl game".

I have no problem playing in state G5 opponents - fun games and good banter. The Old Dominion/Rice types are two birds one stone: games that theoretically should be a win (sorry VPI) and also take us to a recruiting hotbed
I expect us to add Charlotte at some point. Everyone else has played them.

yeah I'd like to see us play South Carolina but agreed since they already play Clemson and occasionally the real Carolina.

don't want to play Vandy or Mizzou because they suck, TAMU because fuck them, and just assume that the bigger SEC schools would want nothing to do with us (TBD if that group includes Tennessee or not).

maybe some legacy Pac 12 and Big 12 schools: Arizona/State, Oregon/State, Cal, Stanford, UW, Wazzou, Baylor, K State, Texas Tech, Oklahoma State.
UofSC has also played State in recent years if I'm remembering correctly.

Yeah they got invited to the Charlotte opener. Now that's something Wake should try to get the invite to if possible in 2024. UNC and South Carolina open the season there next year.

2025 Wake-State Week 1 opener non-conference in Charlotte?!?!

Yeah they got invited to the Charlotte opener. Now that's something Wake should try to get the invite to if possible in 2024. UNC and South Carolina open the season there next year.

2025 Wake-State Week 1 opener non-conference in Charlotte?!?!
We were sort of supposed to be in it during the Covid year with the ND game. It wasn't going to be the opener though if I remember correctly.

We were sort of supposed to be in it during the Covid year with the ND game. It wasn't going to be the opener though if I remember correctly.
yeah the Duke's Mayo Classic, which I think they still called it with the game in WS?

Can we schedule a Home and Home with Auburn?

Big name, lean times for them currently, would help our national profile, imho.

Maybe Cincinnatti or UCF, to a lesser degree, but think we can beat them and would rather watch that, than ECU, Navy or whatever.

No interest in playing Cincy. We already play Louisville and they are basically the same

You won't need to go 12-0 to get in the playoff any longer. 10-2 with a good schedule will be enough a lot of years. Play some decent teams. 10-2 with a cupcake schedule won't do it.

Writing on the wall for at least two openings in the 2024-2026 is App State - I'd be surprised if that isn't announced in the next few months.

Fuck that - Wake should never play another game against App as there is zero reason to ever agree to another football game in Boone, NC.

Zip, zilch, nada

Back