• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Galloway to OC......NOT

Why the head shake, Nonny? I agree with Boston 100%

So is Lobo being moved to some other responsibility or are we talking about a co-OC situation?

I heard he will just be the Associate Head Coach. Nothing official tho, just thru the rumor mill.

Don't think it is happening. If it did Lobo would probably be out and that would have already happened. If Grobe did pull the trigger he would make Galloway and Elrod co OC's.

This is one of the last things that needs to be rumored. Either it needs to happen or we all should abandon the process of getting our hopes up and then once again being disappointed.

I heard he will just be the Associate Head Coach. Nothing official tho, just thru the rumor mill.

This could actually be a very good role for him, if it does mean less game management. Sure it could lead to him being more involved in the recruiting strategy, but really anything except for play-calling.

Haha. I just seriously doubt this is happening. My guess is Lobo's title becomes OC/Associate Head Coach/TEs & FBs. I'm just happy it looks like we're getting a new OL coach. I'm not even going to allow myself to be cautiously optimistic that we're getting a new OC. If so, I agree that it would be Galloway and Elrod as co-OCs with two caveats.

First, I'm curious if Elrod's status has diminished considering how many of his big Jax recruits have flamed out. His Jax recruiting was his calling card and Galloway probably has more suitors that we would need the OC position to keep him here. Even if that's the case, it's more likely Galloway would get a OC job at a bigger program or a head coaching job than Lobo whose destiny looks to be completely tied to Grobe because any AD who looks at the stats would throw Lobo's application in the garbage.

Second, we could be more stacked at QB than ever and Grobe may want Elrod to focus all his energy on our promising junior QB and our high ceiling redshirt freshman and incoming true freshman QBs.

One thing I learned working in the corporate world is the more slashes someone has in their title, the more convoluted and disjointed things get.

Same...I think Lobo would be a good head coach, I just think he was getting stale in the same position for nearly a decade. Isn't he like the second longest tenured OC in the conference?

One thing I learned working in the corporate world is the more slashes someone has in their title, the more convoluted and disjointed things get.

zoolander-slashie-award.jpg

what are the odds this changes from ? to !

Take it for what it is worth as it all comes from a childhood friend who is now a coordinator at the division one level and knows a bunch of our staff. His opinion is that Grobe will keep Lobo as OC. Elrod And Galloway already run the throw game and he would have just fired Lobo otherwise. no reason to move him to TE's and strip coordinator as well. Also thinks Elrod and Galloway are both very good. Says Elrod has turned down a couple of good Asst jobs that never got public. the perception is that he really enjoys Wake and working for Coach Grobe. His reputation as a QB coach is very good. Galloway also highly thought of as we know. Again take it for what it is worth but we have two well regarded guys in the industry it appears.

His opinion is that Grobe will keep Lobo as OC. Elrod And Galloway already run the throw game and he would have just fired Lobo otherwise.

Save for the fact that Grobe and Lobo are attached at the hip and Lobo's wife's sister is about to marry Grobe's son. Lobo will never be fired by Grobe. Our best hope is that he'll be "promoted" so a better OC can take his place.

Back