• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Galloway to OC......NOT

We make a lot of assumptions on this board about how folks will do in future roles. Position coach =\= coordinator =\= head coach.

My opinion on Lobo has always been closer to the fence than most on here. I do think he seems to be a worse OL coach than OC, so regardless of other changes, I am happy about apparently hiring a new OL coach.

Lobo may very well make an excellent head coach because it's a different skillset. Time and time again, great coordinators do not turn in to great head coaches.

We are also assuming that Galloway will be a great OC. Maybe, maybe not. I would be excited for some new concepts with changes, but to be anything more than wait and see with Galloway is taking a leap of faith.

People making assumptions on this Board? How dare you Sir!

It'll be interesting to see (if this is true) if the Lobo supporters will toe the party line and talk about how great of a decision this is and how we needed a change.

It's what many of the Dino folks did.

Grobe is the one who makes many of the big (conservative) calls, that everyone gets pissed about. Adding a OC, with no experience will only make that situation happen more often.

I don't consider myself a jock sniffer, particularly Lobo's, but I am already on record as stating my shock if this were to happen. Now, if we are speculating, my guess would be elevating Galloway to Co-OC, which might explain the chatter. Moving Lobo out of the Coordinator position could not be viewed as anything less than a demotion. I would guess you would see Steed resign before this would happen.

I continue to maintain that this is wishful thinking for the Lobo detractors.

I don't consider myself a jock sniffer, particularly Lobo's, but I am already on record as stating my shock if this were to happen. Now, if we are speculating, my guess would be elevating Galloway to Co-OC, which might explain the chatter. Moving Lobo out of the Coordinator position could not be viewed as anything less than a demotion. I would guess you would see Steed resign before this would happen.

I continue to maintain that this is wishful thinking for the Lobo detractors.

I agree. The only other realistic thought is that Steed could have an opportunity elsewhere that has not been announced yet. He may need to move on to expand his future opportunities for a HC position.

Can't really see Lobo going anywhere. Lets face it. Grobe wants a conservatively called game to keep us in it through the 3rd quarter which gives us the opportunity to win. Not only has Lobo done that but has been very successful at doing that over the years. Sure there have been a lot of disappointments along the way. Even if you loath the guy you have to admit Grobe/Lobo has taken the program further than anyone really expected them to. Grobe won't ever do anything wild and crazy. If he wanted to open up the play book he would have Lobo do it. Grobe is content on running the program exactly the same way it has been. If he can "shake things up" now and then and improve a little I think he is fine with that as long as the team slowly improves over time. What makes anyone think Grobe would allow Galloway to do anything more at OC than Lobo.
Grobe is not going to measure the success of the program on 1 or 2 seasons, good or bad. As long as the team makes some steady improvement over time he is happy.

Can't really see Lobo going anywhere. Lets face it. Grobe wants a conservatively called game to keep us in it through the 3rd quarter which gives us the opportunity to win. Not only has Lobo done that but has been very successful at doing that over the years. Sure there have been a lot of disappointments along the way. Even if you loath the guy you have to admit Grobe/Lobo has taken the program further than anyone really expected them to. Grobe won't ever do anything wild and crazy. If he wanted to open up the play book he would have Lobo do it. Grobe is content on running the program exactly the same way it has been. If he can "shake things up" now and then and improve a little I think he is fine with that as long as the team slowly improves over time. What makes anyone think Grobe would allow Galloway to do anything more at OC than Lobo.
Grobe is not going to measure the success of the program on 1 or 2 seasons, good or bad. As long as the team makes some steady improvement over time he is happy.

This:

Lobo stats:
2011- 78 total offense, 68 scoring offense
2010- 109, 91
2009- 41, 66
2008- 101, 95
2007- 93, 58
2006- 96, 78
2005- 68, 71
2004- 76, 93
2003- 76, 50
Average: 82, 74.4

Calhoun
2002- 24, 58
2001- 51, 61
Average: 37.5, 59.5

We can, and have, had a successful offense under Grobe, no matter what the Lobo supporters would like to believe.

We went away from the orbit spread and cutblocking schemes. Was that a Grobe or Lobo decision or a combination? Lobo was the OL coach during the Ohio years and those first two years at Wake, so he was obviously effective in coaching those schemes, because our OL hasn't been as effective running traditional schemes.

It's Grobe's call. He wants to keep the same, I am OK with it, he wants to change, I am OK with that also.

Last edited:
We talk about coaches, but there's nothing wrong with ours.

Nothing wrong with this team that a good offensive line and two really good defensive tackles can't fix, and we might be close to there on the offensive line.

If we can get the two really good defensive tackles we can make the adjustments on defense. Apparently it is really hard to grow defensive linemen the way Coach's system has been able to grow offensive linemen.

This unripened rumor seems to have died on the vine. Any updates?

It would be great if Coach Grobe announced the changes Thursday at the Signing luncheon...

Bump this in the event that someone hears something soon! Please....we need some good news.

At the luncheon today, when Lobo was speaking about his recruits, the video display identified him as the O Cord/FB/TE coach.

Forecasting?

Anything for you Sig. . .as soon as I put my daughter to bed tonight, I will do my best.

At the luncheon today, when Lobo was speaking about his recruits, the video display identified him as the O Cord/FB/TE coach.

Forecasting?

I think we knew that and that Himebauch was coaching OL.

Back