• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Galloway to OC......NOT

I have also heard the same rumor (Galloway to OC), FWIW.

Heard nothing about Lobo, and I HIGHLY doubt he would be fired, but I wouldn't be surprised if he moved into a position as a skill coach which would allow him more time to recruit.

Also, whoever said Elrod is a highly regarded QB coach is right on the money. His reputation is top notch.

Do we have a recruiting coordinator position? Maybe an Assoc. HC/ Recruit Coord for Lobo. With a small position.like TE thrown in.

Do we have a recruiting coordinator position? Maybe an Assoc. HC/ Recruit Coord for Lobo. With a small position.like TE thrown in.

Ray McCartney is Recruiting Coordinator.

Maybe Galloway was made OC so they could retain him and keep him on staff. Remember how he was a candidate for the assistant job at South Carolina and then suddenly wasn't?

The only issue with making Lobo Associate HC is that Billy Mitchell already is. I wonder if Mitchell is going to retire?

Maybe Galloway was made OC so they could retain him and keep him on staff. Remember how he was a candidate for the assistant job at South Carolina and then suddenly wasn't?

The only issue with making Lobo Associate HC is that Billy Mitchell already is. I wonder if Mitchell is going to retire?

Why does this matter? Associate Head Coach is like VP of a Bank. The only limit is the number of egos that need soothing.

This would be great. The offense could use an injection of creativity and new blood.

One thing that makes me think this may be happening is that the usual Lobo jocksniffers aren't around talking about how ridiculous this is and how Lobo is doing a great job. Maybe they see the handwriting on the wall from hiring an OL coach and don't want to make statements that would be too easy to find in a search.

Pigskin and kvegas are two pretty reliable sources, and they both heard the same thing, which leads me think this has legs. Add numbers to that with his connections as a student, and it's even more believable.

Also fits with the idea of "changing things up," which was said to precipitate Billings' ouster.

If Billings leaving opens the door for Lobo to step aside as OC, it'll be well worth it

I believe he's taking personal time to pursue a Donkey Kong record.

One thing that makes me think this may be happening is that the usual Lobo jocksniffers aren't around talking about how ridiculous this is and how Lobo is doing a great job. Maybe they see the handwriting on the wall from hiring an OL coach and don't want to make statements that would be too easy to find in a search.

Hmm. Good point.

Wait, what if its even worse - what if Lobo becomes the Head Coach in Waiting?

Its funny you should say this about Lobo as a HCIW because I had thought for a long time that this may be Billimgs future title. I thought since he was the only assistant hired with HC experience and he was well liked, that this may be Grobes plan. Boy, was I way off.

Last edited:
It'll be interesting to see (if this is true) if the Lobo supporters will toe the party line and talk about how great of a decision this is and how we needed a change.

Wait, what if its even worse - what if Lobo becomes the Head Coach in Waiting?

We make a lot of assumptions on this board about how folks will do in future roles. Position coach =\= coordinator =\= head coach.

My opinion on Lobo has always been closer to the fence than most on here. I do think he seems to be a worse OL coach than OC, so regardless of other changes, I am happy about apparently hiring a new OL coach.

Lobo may very well make an excellent head coach because it's a different skillset. Time and time again, great coordinators do not turn in to great head coaches.

We are also assuming that Galloway will be a great OC. Maybe, maybe not. I would be excited for some new concepts with changes, but to be anything more than wait and see with Galloway is taking a leap of faith.

Back