• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

game atmosphere

Help is on the way.

I think we are expecting way too much from next season's freshman class. It's a very good class. It's not the Fab Five.

Getting better is one thing. Improving at a faster rate than our conference rivals is another thing altogether.

Obligatory, 'we drove to Greensboro' to watch the pitiful Staak teams. Even were rewarded with a huge upset of UNC in 1988.

We had no hope but we still attended the games.

On the bad home losses, might not have been 15 points but Staak was losing to Sienna and others as well.

Maybe our fanbase was not as spoiled back then, Tacey had some good years and some bad years so it was up and down. We went because it was our schools and ACC basketball.

This +1000

No value judgement should be passed on those who cant afford it in an ongoing tough economy. To those who establish other priorities because their school is losing, I can only shake my head in wonder.

This +1000

No value judgement should be passed on those who cant afford it in an ongoing tough economy. To those who establish other priorities because their school is losing, I can only shake my head in wonder.

What are you wondering?

This +1000

Bzz's tie collection leaves me shaking my head in wonder...

Obligatory, 'we drove to Greensboro' to watch the pitiful Staak teams. Even were rewarded with a huge upset of UNC in 1988.

We had no hope but we still attended the games.

On the bad home losses, might not have been 15 points but Staak was losing to Sienna and others as well.

Maybe our fanbase was not as spoiled back then, Tacey had some good years and some bad years so it was up and down. We went because it was our schools and ACC basketball.

There is a whole lot more to do on a Wednesday night on a college campus in 2012 than there was in the mid-80s.

if they dropped the prices back to what they were when I first started getting hill and joel tickets I would get season tickets again.

There is a whole lot more to do on a Wednesday night on a college campus in 2012 than there was in the mid-80s.

Like sex! And drugs! And general degenerate revelry that involves technology - sex technology and drugs technology!

if they dropped the prices back to what they were when I first started getting hill and joel tickets I would get season tickets again.

If Ferraris cost $1000, I'd buy one.

The funny thing is I was in graduate school during those years and obviously studying with people who did not attend Wake as undergrads, yet we are always up for a night of bad Wake hoops.

One thing that is correct, and I know this will be hard to believe for some, but the internet did not exist as we know it today during the Staak years. In fact most had to use the 'computer room' to use Lotus 1-2-3 and WordPerfect, only a few of us had PC's.

Of course I'd say that today, I'm able to use the technology, to keep track of when our games are and even get my calendar to notify me on game day that there is a game that night.

Last edited:

We've got some mighty expensive coaches and administrative staff to take care of. Only the best!

the acc was a hell of a lot better in the 80s too

What was up with the weird sounds over the PA system?

I think someone might have tripped over a cord and disconnected it from a laptop. At least that's what someone said on the game thread.

Back