• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Game of Thrones Book-Spoiler Thread

Go

Deacsbravesdawgsetc
Reaction score
ZOMG, the first 15 mins. WOW. So many things to say.

Last edited:
I just started reading teh series, should I try and finish the books (that are out) before watching this?

Decisions, decisions.

Don't rush, this is just the first book this season. I would def say if you don't have HBO, you probably should think about ordering it for this series. I'm blown away.

Don't rush, this is just the first book this season. I would def say if you don't have HBO, you probably should think about ordering it for this series. I'm blown away.

Hehe, ok. I'm liking teh book so far. Sooo many characters though.

Glad to hear it's good. I'm excited to see it.

Also cookout def finish the first one. The rest are great too but you shouldn't be spoiled by anything if you don't get that past that.

I went to look for the first book today, but no luck at the used book store.

Although I know next to nothing about the content I have to think fans of the books are worried they are going to seriously dumb down the content to snag True Blood fans. The two "supernatural" series HBO tried before True Blood (Carnivale and John from Cinci) really bombed. Tales from the Crypt might count but it's probably too old to consider.

John from Cinci bombed and was generally unwatchable (I stuck around b/c I wanted to see the payoff, and was ultimately disappointed). Carnivale was popular and well-done, and ended because HBO failed to renew, not because the series wasn't good or popular (though obviously it was never the phenomenon that True Blood has become).

Although I know next to nothing about the content I have to think fans of the books are worried they are going to seriously dumb down the content to snag True Blood fans. The two "supernatural" series HBO tried before True Blood (Carnivale and John from Cinci) really bombed. Tales from the Crypt might count but it's probably too old to consider.

Game of Thrones' content is so much higher brow than True Blood and those other shows, it will be impossible to screw up.

This show may very well garner Emmy nominations and probably wins.

Any issues I might have with things they altered in the 15 min preview were minor. I am super psyched for the series to start.

Man if they keep the decapitation rate at 2-3 per 15 min, what's not to like? Of course, that won't be the case. Still looks cool, though. I don't think anybody has ever tried to do this kind of fantasy/kings/queens subject matter in a series before.

I'm looking forward to this series but don't want to buy HBO. Anyone know of any other possible options?

Also, for fans of the book series, the next book is finally being released in July after 5 years of fans waiting for it.

Back