• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Game of Thrones Book-Spoiler Thread

Can't wait. Went through all the books in a month and now have been counting down to the series.

Winter is Coming ...

I'm stoked for the series, largely because the number of great medieval or fantasy themed TV series can be counted on one hand (or less). We've beaten cop dramas into the ground, so it's nice just to see something different.

Glad HBO is doing this - it's very violent and dark series, and I'm not sure any other network could pull it off properly.

I'm looking forward to this series but don't want to buy HBO. Anyone know of any other possible options?

Also, for fans of the book series, the next book is finally being released in July after 5 years of fans waiting for it.

Bit torrent.

I can't believe how the episode ended... I thought they'd go elsewhere with that character.

Planning to read the first book this week.

Big thumbs up for gratuitous sex and boobs, not to mention the couple of beheadings and a disembowelment.

I can't believe how the episode ended... I thought they'd go elsewhere with that character.

I love it!

"things we do for love" is right out of the book.

This probably isn't too much a spoiler(highlight to read): since there's no way they'd spend that much screen time on a character they were going to kill off, but Bran survives and plays a pivotal role in the rest of the book.

I'd almost say hold off on reading the books until this season is over.

There are tons of twists and turns that will be ruined, IMO, I think you might enjoy the series more if you don't read.

I liked it. There were a few changes from the books (as to be expected), but none of them were absolutely critical to the plot.

I do wish the series didn't open up with the scene north of the wall. I'm aware that it's how the book opens as well, but it really gives you the wrong impression as to what the story is about.

The Dothraki scenes were a little cheesy too but the actress pulled of Daenerys perfectly.

I look forward to things ramping up in King's Landing. One thing that makes me love the story so much is that the books were literally impossible (for me at least) to predict. It does not follow a traditional narrative arc at all. I just hope viewers stick with it to give it a fair shot.

You gotta have the "beyond the wall" scene to set up that as a shadow that casts over the entire realm.

People fiddling while Rome is burning is a major theme in the books.

I thought the casting is magnificent outside of Cat, she should be a LOT better looking. And Sansa is cute but she's supposed to be very pretty too.

Everyone else is PERFECT.

I'd almost say hold off on reading the books until this season is over.

There are tons of twists and turns that will be ruined, IMO, I think you might enjoy the series more if you don't read.

OH wtf, I'm over halfway through the first book now.

It's safe to watch teh first episode right?

You gotta have the "beyond the wall" scene to set up that as a shadow that casts over the entire realm.

People fiddling while Rome is burning is a major theme in the books.

I thought the casting is magnificent outside of Cat, she should be a LOT better looking. And Sansa is cute but she's supposed to be very pretty too.

Everyone else is PERFECT.

Completely agree with the reasoning for it, I just think people might be expecting a bit more of a supernatural angle if they're not familiar with the books after that scene.

Completely agree with the reasoning for it, I just think people might be expecting a bit more of a supernatural angle if they're not familiar with the books after that scene.

I've read all 4 books and I am still expecting more! :D

Is it ok to discuss spoilers in this thread? I need to verify that I have the story straight as it pertains to this episode.

Back