• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Game of Thrones Book-Spoiler Thread

Do we really need to use spoilers in the book thread for a book that has been out over a year?

Do we really need to use spoilers in the book thread for a book that has been out over a year?

it was my first time in this thread, didnt want to even start posting till i had finished all 5 books. but i noticed someone a couple pages back bitching about not using spoilers so i just went ahead and used them. i agree with you though..

There are tons of plausible conspiracies that have Jon warging out, or the Jon that died being something other than himself. Just google around and you can find them. I'm inclined to believe most of them if for no other reason (and there are tons of other reasons that I missed my first read through) than the fact that his final speech would have broken WAY out of character. I would hope that would be far too great a gaff for a writer like Martin to commit on a main character he had spent 5 books building. I remain extremely confident that Jon is still alive.

well in that case, i'll ask in the open what do you think will happen with Daenerys, Drogon, and Khal Jhoqo's khalasar?

There are tons of plausible conspiracies that have Jon warging out, or the Jon that died being something other than himself. Just google around and you can find them. I'm inclined to believe most of them if for no other reason (and there are tons of other reasons that I missed my first read through) than the fact that his final speech would have broken WAY out of character. I would hope that would be far too great a gaff for a writer like Martin to commit on a main character he had spent 5 books building. I remain extremely confident that Jon is still alive.

and yeah i read around and the consensus is that his story is far from over. my knee jerk reaction was being pissed at martin though...

I never developed the connection to Jon Snow that everyone else did, can't begin to guess what's next in Dany's storyline, its so drawn out and gone no where for 3 books.

I think it needs to stay a "spoiler" thread because I don't want noobs who haven't read Crows or Dragons on here

glad to be part of the fold... finally. only took me a summer of tolkien-esque details about food, clothing, weather, and physical descriptions to get here.

glad to be part of the fold... finally. only took me a summer of tolkien-esque details about food, clothing, weather, and physical descriptions to get here.

yeah I skip those parts. I did miss the manderly part as a result

when the first book came it it was 1995 or so. the internet was not full of fans sharing and dissecting every potential theory. i am betting martin never thought people would come up with the jon theory and eventually take it as all but gospel before the twist is revealed. this new theory seems a little like an "oh s they got my big twist better come up with something else."

it certainly might not be a last minute "save" and those are in fact the seeds planted ok. could just be coincidence. i guess i don't have a feeling one way or other awesome twist vs cheap reveal. think it will depend on how it is presented in book and show.

Back