• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Game of Thrones Book-Spoiler Thread

The alchemist shares the exact same description of Jaqen H'ghar. Pate is killed by Jaqen with a poisoned coin (something to remember when reading book five btw) who then presumably uses the identity of Pate for some yet unknown agenda

OMG

I did not pick up on this. Thanks TB. I just finished book 5 too but didn't make the connection.

Yeah, my biggest complaint. I love these books but I think the need for a better editor goes all the way back to Game of Thrones.

For sure but it increases a lot in FFC. So many excerpts of random people and how they are related and their sigil etc. So. Many.

For sure but it increases a lot in FFC. So many excerpts of random people and how they are related and their sigil etc. So. Many.

What gets me is the description of the feasts. I mean, he spends pages and pages on the food. I get it already. You know what else I get? It's cold in the North.

every morning they BREAK THEIR FAST WITH fried bread, with greasy bacon and eggs.

EVERY FREAKING MORNING.

Sounds like it's just me, but I have never had a problem reading any of that stuff or wanted him to edit parts out. Guess I am just into the way he creates the atmosphere.

Just finished Patrick Rothfuss' The Name of the Wind and The Wise Man's Fear.

I liked both, but The Wise Man's Fear did absolutely nothing to clear up some of the questions that were raised in book one.

Finally got around to finishing A Dance with Dragons. I enjoyed it, but it did feel like a lot of running in place. Not a whole lot happened :(

How am I going to wait another 5 years for the next book.

Back