• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Game of Thrones Book-Spoiler Thread

Just read they're going to make a movie out of his Wildcards stuff. I read the first couple of books, but the differences among the contributing authors were too much and made the whole thing meh to read. Maybe the movie will lend some coherency to it.

Ugh, I need something to read that is like the game of thrones series and the kingkiller chronicles. Any suggestions dot com?

Robin Hobb's Farseer trilogy and Tawny Man trilogy
Brandon Sanderson's Mistborn trilogy - his individual books are good too, Elantris, Warbreaker
Melanie Rawn's Dragon Prince trilogy
Lawrence Watt-Evans' Obisidian Chronicles trilogy
James Maxey's Bitterwood trilogy
Paula Volsky's Illusion
Peter Brett's Warded Man series (not yet finished, 2 books thus far)

So I never look at this thread because I'm still working my way through these books. Haven't started watching the new season on HBO yet because I'm trying to plow through Storm of Swords. Last night I just read the chapter on the Red Wedding. H-O-L-Y S-H-I-T. That is all. I won't be returning to the thread.

So, did anyone who watches How I Met Your Mother think there was a possible GoT spoiler for TV show watchers?

Can you elaborate on this?

It was a small joke that I don't remember the setup for, but Barney said something like "Joffrey was a level-headed and fair leader" (Emphasis mine) I thought referring to Joffrey's reign in the past tense could be construed by people who only watch the show as a possible spoiler.

It was a small joke that I don't remember the setup for, but Barney said something like "Joffrey was a level-headed and fair leader" (Emphasis mine) I thought referring to Joffrey's reign in the past tense could be construed by people who only watch the show as a possible spoiler.

ahhhh nice.

Maybe cause Game seems like back in the day, so they are all dead and gone now?

So I never look at this thread because I'm still working my way through these books. Haven't started watching the new season on HBO yet because I'm trying to plow through Storm of Swords. Last night I just read the chapter on the Red Wedding. H-O-L-Y S-H-I-T. That is all. I won't be returning to the thread.

if you see this season 3 of the show ends about with the red wedding.

Ugh, I need something to read that is like the game of thrones series and the kingkiller chronicles. Any suggestions dot com?

i'll echo robin hobb.

check out daniel abraham. he has a number of books out including a couple of series that are different from what you might call "high fantasy" books. very good stuff and martin has been a big supporter/proponent of his work. also check out Leviathan Wakes by "James S.A. Corey" (and the two subsequent books). it's a combination of Sci-Fi and Mystery. The pen name is actually two guys. The above mentioned Abraham and Martin's assistant.

i'll echo robin hobb.

check out daniel abraham. he has a number of books out including a couple of series that are different from what you might call "high fantasy" books. very good stuff and martin has been a big supporter/proponent of his work. also check out Leviathan Wakes by "James S.A. Corey" (and the two subsequent books). it's a combination of Sci-Fi and Mystery. The pen name is actually two guys. The above mentioned Abraham and Martin's assistant.

Someone recommended the Mistborn series by Sanderson to me. I thought it was fantastic. Some other recommendations were garbage, but I liked the Mistborn stuff.

Someone recommended the Mistborn series by Sanderson to me. I thought it was fantastic. Some other recommendations were garbage, but I liked the Mistborn stuff.

just read the stand alone mistborn book. thought it was solid. (i had previously read the other books)

just finished a dance with dragons and im just sitting here pissed about jon snow dying. and martin had just hinted that his mother may have been highborn, a Dayne lady IIRC?

Last edited:
just finished a dance with dragons and im just sitting here pissed about jon snow dying. and martin had just hinted that his mother may have been highborn, a Dayne lady IIRC?

Read a little deeper. Might not be as it seems. #cliffhanger

if the Bolton's had defeated Stannis and his northerners, wouldnt they have capture theon and ramsay's bride? so it's safe to assume that the letter was a fake? or am i just completely missing something here?

[/SPOILER]
i know, i know, he's gonna continue to live inside ghost. but i really wanted to see him get involved with ramsay and theon.

there are hints, including his wounds burning that indicate he may actually be azhor azhai sp? rather than stannis. that means he could continue on as himself. might get an answer when the next book arrives in 2025

[/SPOILER]

there are hints, including his wounds burning that indicate he may actually be azhor azhai sp? rather than stannis. that means he could continue on as himself. might get an answer when the next book arrives in 2025

good point, melisandre did keep seeing jon in her fires, and if he truely is rhaegar's son through lyanna stark then that would make perfect sense.

and im about to pull an eric cartman and freeze myself until the winds of winter releases haha.

Back