• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Game of Thrones Book-Spoiler Thread

Also is Robert actually older than Stannis or did he just claim the throne when Aerys was chopped down by the Kingslayer?

I can't remember, just know that Ned booted him off the chair after he found him there.

Also is Robert actually older than Stannis or did he just claim the throne when Aerys was chopped down by the Kingslayer?

I can't remember, just know that Ned booted him off the chair after he found him there.

Ned kicked the Kingslayer off , but I am pretty sure that Stannis is older than Robert. It didn't matter who was older though because they were fighting in Robert's army. Age is irrelevant when you are "stealing" the throne.

Nope, Stannis is the middle brother in age, he just acts older than either Robert or Renly. And yes, it was Jaime, not Stannis, that Ned walked in on sitting on the throne during the rebellion and kicked off.

Stannis lives on the island.

Also this sounds identical to the book, DEFINITELY gonna check this out on Netflix.

Wanna see how they depict the wall and the characters, mostly my boi the Kingslayer

The Wall looks perfect to me, exactly as I pictured and very imposing. Jaime seems fine so far; it being book one, he hasn't really had a ton to do other than 'the things I do for love' and a new scene with Ned in the throne room, but the actor looks the part and has done well enough in his scenes til now.

Stannis lives on the island.

Also this sounds identical to the book, DEFINITELY gonna check this out on Netflix.

Wanna see how they depict the wall and the characters, mostly my boi the Kingslayer

gross. the kingslayer is your BOI?

I despise him...

Heeee heee.....those of you who haven't read the books haven't seen anything yet.

Ned kicked the Kingslayer off , but I am pretty sure that Stannis is older than Robert. It didn't matter who was older though because they were fighting in Robert's army. Age is irrelevant when you are "stealing" the throne.

It's really too complicated for the TV series, but Robert is the oldest son of the Baratheon family, who actually are linked to the last "sane" Targaryen king, so when Robert's rebellion ended with the death of The Mad King, the death of the Mad King's oldest son, and the flight of the Mad King's younger son (Viserys), Robert was actually the legitimate heir to the throne.

Yeah - I've read these books a few times over. :geek:

ETA: Who tagged this thread with "istheregoldinthevillage?" I'd like to pos rep that ref.

Last edited:
gross. the kingslayer is your BOI?

I despise him...

He's my favorite character. Outside of a few characters everyone lives in various shades of grey--it is a main reason why the books are so good. Most people have complex motivations and are 3 dimensional characters. Jaime is no different.

I don't know how Tyrion isn't #1 in everyone's book. Unless you're a Jon Snow crotch sniffer, which a lot of fanboys are...

I love Tyrion too. He was by far my favorite at this point in the story.

I haven't watched the series yet, but I imagine Jaime Lannister to be the actor of Lucius Malfoy (Jason Isaacs).

zomg its like a riot... everyone is getting sliced up by some wack job dudes from the Geoff.

This week moved the pieces into place. Next week is going to be bananas.

I haven't watched the series yet, but I imagine Jaime Lannister to be the actor of Lucius Malfoy (Jason Isaacs).

If you imagine Prince Charming from Shrek, you are closer
prince-charming-of-shrek-totally-looks-like-jamie-lannister-of-game-of-thrones.jpg

How about my man Hodor hangin some brain in this ep?

Last night's episode was kind of disappointing. No boobs, just Hodong. They needed the zombie scene to be more dark and menacing. The Khal fight scene was great though.

And most of the other episodes they found a way to end it with something awesome, this week we just got Sansa's whining.

Back