• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Game of Thrones Book-Spoiler Thread

Disagree. Other than maybe the last scene I think this episode was the dramatic peak of the book.

Just got around to watching this episode, even better things on last night, but I agree with this as it pertains to just the first book. There's really only the final scene left in Game of Thrones that matches what happened in this episode. My anxiety over said scene is growing worse though, given how again they disappointed with the visuals this week. They completely copped out of the battles, which are small potatoes to what they have to do in coming books, and again the direwolves are apparently off taking a piss somewhere. Instead, we get a sleepover scene with Tyrion, Bronn, and Shae? The acting, dialogue, and technical execution are all outstanding, but if they can't pull off these relatively minor spectacles, I don't see how they can remain faithful to the books in coming seasons when the scale of things grows exponentially.

I did like how they handled Ned's execution though; tastefully done and poignant. Very interested to see more of the reaction of those who didn't know it was coming; definitely changes how you see and approach the series once you realize how unafraid Martin is to completely upend the playing field. Also, weird sleepover bit aside, the Tyrion and Bronn bromance is just awesome, and Jerome Flynn is absolutely owning as Bronn.

hey who was the guy that told Ned's daughter to look away? He looked familiar, but I couldn't place him.

Sean Bean can't catch a break. Gets killed off in the first Lord of the Rings movie and now this.

hey who was the guy that told Ned's daughter to look away? He looked familiar, but I couldn't place him.

Yoren; the Night Watch recruiter who Tyrion drank with up north and was traveling back to King's Landing with, and who briefly met with Ned (with Arya at his side) a handful of episodes back to warn of Cat's abduction of Tyrion while asking for his recruits. Since he considers Benjen Stark like a brother due to their Night Watch comradery, he's sympathetic towards Ned enough to watch out for his family.

And yeah, at this point, casting Sean Bean should itself qualify as a spoiler, he dies in almost everything: LotR, Goldeneye, Equilibrium, Outlaw, Patriot Games, Don't Say A Word, The Island, Essex Boys, and probably a dozen other things I'm not thinking of.

That pub is literally a 5 minute walk from Wake's Worrell House, we went there a couple times.

Interview with Sean Bean

Q: What would you say to fans who are upset by the episode?
A: Ah, sorry about that! Tell them to blame George R.R. Martin.

I laughed

Just saw this episode last night since I was away all last week. Holy crap, I did NOT see that coming. I'm glad there wasn't some last minute movie/show cliche where he gets saved at the very end. Can't wait for tonight's finale. Oh, and:

6a0120a721c2d7970b015432e91869970c-pi

So I'm about halfway through book 1, haven't watched any of the series yet because I want to read the book first, but I'd like to sincerely thank all of you who recommended this series because I literally cannot. put. it. down.

Tonight is going to be TIGHT!

I wonder if Karl in Accounting will make it into work on Monday.

I heard Ned Stark gets stabbed tonight and refuses healer treatment so he can have another mug of ale.

Are we supposed to assume that Drogo will die since the witch's efforts will be focused only on dany's childbirth?

Are we supposed to assume that Drogo will die since the witch's efforts will be focused only on dany's childbirth?

Dunno, but I bet something happens since they interrupted the ritual she said not to interrupt with a pregnant woman.

Dunno, but I bet something happens since they interrupted the ritual she said not to interrupt with a pregnant woman.

So dumb dany. SO DUMB!

If CARL dies the week after my OTHER BOI dies... I am gonna be PISSED.

Someone has gotta cut off Jamie Lannister's head.

Back