• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Game of Thrones Book-Spoiler Thread

I've got like 150 pages left in Book 3, there's one person I want to be dead SO BAD. It's not even that major of a character either.

I feel bad for all of you on book 3. It is so good and then you just fall off a cliff with book 4.

true, but they can plow through 4 and 5 will be coming out. Others read 4 years ago and have been steamed ever since.

Season 3 promises to be unfuckingbelieveable. IF there is a Season 3.

Season 3 promises to be unfuckingbelieveable. IF there is a Season 3.

Yeah part of me hopes the show is just kind of like Deadwood where there are just 3 awesome seasons. It will get tricky with books 4 and 5 to make one or even two coherent seasons out of that.

I feel bad for all of you on book 3. It is so good and then you just fall off a cliff with book 4.

Not going to argue that book 4 is clearly behind the first three, due to the missing POVs and much slower pacing. But, in retrospect, watching the slow burn of one particularly idiotic character is pretty fun.

Book 4 is still a 'good book'. It just deals with too many characters I didn't care about and not as much happened in 4 in comparison to 2 and 3.

But (VERY minor spoiler, and not a spoiler at all if you're through the 4th book)
Sansa is more interesting because she deals with Littlefinger a lot in the 4th book, and Jaime continues to develop as my favorite character. Martin just does a great job with his character all the way around.

Last edited:
You guys are lucky because you'll read book 4 and then get to read book 5 right after, getting closer to what the complete book would be like.

Book four just reminded me too much of the middle books in the wheel of time series. Not enough of the characters I care about and WAY to much of the characters I dislike.

Amazon emailed me today... A Dance With Dragons has shipped. OFY.

Meh, it could work:

gwendoline-christie-01.png

They can ugly dat up.

Reviews have been ridiculously good for this book. Can't wait for tomorrow.

Yeah, so last night I was about at the halfway point of book 3. Got to the worst part evar. I am so sad right nowz. I don't even know if I can continue reading.

Back