• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Game of Thrones - House of the Dragon - (and beyond) Discussion (spoilers allowed)

How big are these damn crypts? They had like thousands of people down there, and Dany and Jon are just chillin in that long open hallway.

NK raising the dead from the crypts seems to carry a high probability at this point. Whole lot of foreshadowing with that last night combined with Arya fighting in the crypts in the trailer.

Interesting episode last night. some thoughts...

...why exactly is the crypt (where all the dead Stark's are) is the safest place to be? won't they just rise up from the dead?
...Kit (John) is a bad actor and the scene telling his history was horribly done, imo. I mean, has he not even thought about the Iron Throne (he "acted" like he didn't know he was the heir). Good grief bad scene.
...gotta say that the giant's milk scene was lol funny. good to see Pod grow a pair, then he sang and we went back to where we started.
...going to be a lot of death in next episode, this was classic 'silence before the storm' episode.

How big are these damn crypts? They had like thousands of people down there, and Dany and Jon are just chillin in that long open hallway.

Wonder if they're going to bring up lack of food again at some point?

Won't need much food once they're all dead.

Also, how many people would one dragon feed ?

The Aria sex scene freaked me out. She looks like she is twelve and the dude looks about 35, very uncomfortable.

Also where did all those White Walkers come from, looked to be hundreds of them? Need some sort of explanation on that one.

The actress is 22, and Gendry’s 31. Everyone on the show has known her since she was 11, so p weird. It’s probably the healthiest sex scene of the entire series though. When have other major female characters had sex outside of some power play or rape?

I don’t think the number of WWs need to be explained. It’s probably the first time they are all together. It makes sense to spread them out as you are amassing your army. They were probably scattered around beyond the wall raising the army.

Would be pretty cool if Will Ferrell shows up and calls Tyrion "an angry elf. "

nah, jon kill dany

so what the hell are these last 6 ips going to be?

1.Battle vs walkers
2. Aftermath
3. ??
4 ??
5. ??
6. Battle of The North/Jon vs Cersei/Dany?

Hate to burst your bubble, but there are only 4 more eps left. Plenty to cram in.

Hate to burst your bubble, but there are only 4 more eps left. Plenty to cram in.

yeah, dumb post on my part. but still - we keep talking about lots of storylines but what do we we really have that aren't resolved with one character killing the other? I mean we burned two episodes that should've been one on almost nothing.

- We have the Walker Threat
- We have the Cersei wants to be Queen or burn it down
- We have Jon vs. Dany (vs. Sansa?)
- Bronn sent to murder the living Lanister Men

are we really going to spend two episodes fleshing out the origin of Valryian Steele and/or dragon glass?

The crypts of Winterfell are huge - they extend under the entirety of (and beyond) the castle above. They've been there for about 8,000 years and Starks have been buried there ever since. There are probably thousands of bodies down there.

I'm definitely in the camp that the bodies in the crypts will rise from the dead since the show has made a point to emphasize that the crypts are the "safest place." I also buy into the theory that after the Battle of Winterfell, when the remaining living expect to Night King to come out, that we will see the NK flying into the scene on a dragon but after the camera pans out you realize that the NK took the dragon and is going to attack King's Landing rather than Winterfell. This shifts the action back to King's Landing and the battle for the iron throne over the final three episodes.

Back