• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Game of Thrones - House of the Dragon - (and beyond) Discussion (spoilers allowed)

cmon you at least have to bold the (no homo) part too...

Wait, someone dislikes Dinklage as Tyrion? How is that possible?

I'll agree to an extent that something about Aidan is slightly off from how I viewed Littlefinger, a bit more sneering than irreverent. But, not enough to bother me too much, and it works well in the new scenes with him and Varys that are absolute gold.

I think Dinklage's version of Tyrion is excellent and he is entertaining. But it is not similar to what I pictured in the books and his accent annoyed me at first.

Littlefinger is a lot closer to what I envisioned and I like that casting choice a lot.

I think Dinklage's version of Tyrion is excellent and he is entertaining. But it is not similar to what I pictured in the books and his accent annoyed me at first.

Littlefinger is a lot closer to what I envisioned and I like that casting choice a lot.

I'll agree that visually, Dinklage is more polished than I thought of Tyrion as in the books. But, he captures Tyrion's personality and wit perfectly, and realistically, I doubt there's an enormous pool of versatile dwarf actors to choose from, so minor aesthetic things don't really bother me there so long as the actor can pull off the character himself, which Dinklage most definitely is.

That said, I will be curious to see how they handle his post-Blackwater Battle look; doubt they go as grotesque as described in the book, both for practical and marketing reasons.

Looks like lots of people have been cast, and they have started filming, and they changed Asha's name to Yara - not sure why and the person they cast for her doesn't seem right, but who knows.

Here is a site where you can see all the people cast so far (Craster, Gilly, Asha) - http://winter-is-coming.net/

Looks like lots of people have been cast, and they have started filming, and they changed Asha's name to Yara - not sure why and the person they cast for her doesn't seem right, but who knows.

Here is a site where you can see all the people cast so far (Craster, Gilly, Asha) - http://winter-is-coming.net/

Oh at first I read this is Arya's name was changed and I was like WTF

Catelyn in the TV series reminds me of Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman

"Yara was named Asha in the books, but has had her name changed in the show so as not to confuses audiences with the character Osha"

I love Margaery as a character though for real. I'm 90% through Book 4 and she's the shit

Hmmm. I am about 50% of the way through Book 4. Book three got WAY better after the half way point. Does Book 4 pick up? I just finished a Brienne chapter and though to myself, "What the fuck does that have to do with this story at all?"

Yeah, Book 4 picks up a bit imo.

However, it leaves some chars hanging ftl. I'm assuming they won't get addressed until the end of book 5 at the earliest either (I'm about 200 pages into book 5).

New trailer for season 2. I just started reading Feast for Crows and I so pumped for the next two books to be made. h

Feast for Crows is SO GOOD. when is that next book coming out, ugh.

Back