• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Game of Thrones - House of the Dragon - (and beyond) Discussion (spoilers allowed)

I've read the books but whats the spoiler policy for GoT?

I would like if there was a thread for the TV show that only covered what the TV show had shown so far. Last season I opened the GoT threads a few times to find spoilers from many books out and generally just lots of discussion about things yet to be shown outside of the books.

Seen you guys talk about this and decided to watch over the last few days and I like it a lot. I know I can't stand the Lannister's, although I am not sure about the Tyrion from niptuck as he don't know the truth about Bran. They killed my favorite character. I think the little blonde chick is a cutie, but I haven't decided whether she is going to be good or bad yet. I hope as we go into more sci-fi that it doesn't kill the show for me as I usually hate sci-fi shows. But the dragons sort of remind me of skyrim.

Seen you guys talk about this and decided to watch over the last few days and I like it a lot. I know I can't stand the Lannister's, although I am not sure about the Tyrion from niptuck as he don't know the truth about Bran. They killed my favorite character. I think the little blonde chick is a cutie, but I haven't decided whether she is going to be good or bad yet. I hope as we go into more sci-fi that it doesn't kill the show for me as I usually hate sci-fi shows. But the dragons sort of remind me of skyrim.

There aren't too many sci fi aspects to the series except for a few abilities of characters and the dragons.

Seems the show has stayed fairly close to the book....at least from how much I have read so far. Will I be missing much if I skip to the second book after watching the first season?

Seems the show has stayed fairly close to the book....at least from how much I have read so far. Will I be missing much if I skip to the second book after watching the first season?

No. I got 100 pages through the first book and did exactly that.

Edited to say, actually I would have no idea. However, starting in the 2nd book I never felt as if I was missing or didn't understand something.

No. I got 100 pages through the first book and did exactly that.

Edited to say, actually I would have no idea. However, starting in the 2nd book I never felt as if I was missing or didn't understand something.

Excellent......thank you

Yeah, I think you'll be ok skipping Game of Thrones the book.

Lays some foundations for later but nothing you can't get from A Wiki of Fire and Ice...which btw is HUGE and full of great stuff you might have missed.

Bump. 30 minute preview/recap on last night. Good lord is Emilia Clarke hot.

Which characters are you most excited about seeing? For some reason, I really like Davos in the books.

Which characters are you most excited about seeing? For some reason, I really like Davos in the books.

Davos, Melisandre, Brienne.

Also, psyched to see the CG direwolves, the Iron Islands, how they handle some of the supernatural stuff north of the wall, the Warlock stuff with Daenerys.

Definitely like the Onion Knight - psyched about Mance Rayder and the whole beyond the wall story

Davos is a really great character.

Ramsay Bolton (the Bastard) really doesn't come into play until end of book 4 and most of 5.

Last edited:
Back