• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Game of Thrones - House of the Dragon - (and beyond) Discussion (spoilers allowed)

Only about half way through book two, but god I hate that little fucker Joffrey......hate him even more in the book than the show.

Already pissed at east coasters.

EDITED WOW I GET HBO EAST FTFW

Pizza coming, no hot water since Friday, and GoT starting NOW......... Life couldn't be better.

So were they killing all of Jamie Lannister's other bastards not with the queen at the end?

In a series full of outstanding actors I'm not sure the dude that plays Rob Stark fits.

In a series full of outstanding actors I'm not sure the dude that plays Rob Stark fits.

Couldn't agree more, he's distractingly bad.

Liked the episode tonight and thought it was interesting how they mashed up some of the scenes. Unsurprisingly well done, though.

Um, I actually love everything that rob does. Maybe the sheer awesomeness of the character overshadows the quality of the acting, but I still enjoy it.

Quick thought: I always, always love seeing Joffrey get slapped in the face.

The extra second they added to the opening credits when they go over Daes Dothrak really bothers me for some reason

The extra second they added to the opening credits when they go over Daes Dothrak really bothers me for some reason

That reminds me; are they completely skipping Vaes Tolorro, where they found the water and fruit and what not, before sending out the riders? Seems like kind of a weird omission.

The casting of Davos does not at all fit what I thought he looked like (shorter, stockier, younger). But that's ok.

I almost wish I hadn't read the books already, it makes me impatient for the stuff that I know is coming up...

The casting of Davos does not at all fit what I thought he looked like (shorter, stockier, younger). But that's ok.

I almost wish I hadn't read the books already, it makes me impatient for the stuff that I know is coming up...

First part of the books are relatively slower, wonder if the show will mirror that. I don't recall the ending of the first episode as being dramatic in the books, neither so I remember the littlefinger conflict.

Really looking forward to Margarey Tyrell's funbags. Speaking of which, is the Dannerys the new Princess Leia look? Cause I'm digging it.

Enjoyed this, really setting up shit to go down right now.

I don't mind Robb Stark but I think I'm also lost in my love for that character. I still say he and the actress that plays Cat have some serious sexual chemistry, that's really gross and all but its true.

Really seems like they pumped a lot of money into the season opener. I hope this doesn't end up like Rome where they have to kill it due to budget constraints.

Solid first episode. I have no problems with any of the acting from any of the characters, but I haven't read the books so I don't have a preset idea of what the characters are like or are supposed to be like. I think the guy playing Rob does a fine job and they've obviously lined up bigger roles for he and Geoffrey this season. I have to say that I was impressed with the guy playing Geoffrey in this episode too. He has grown into his character well, the little shit.

Back