• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Game of Thrones - House of the Dragon - (and beyond) Discussion (spoilers allowed)

I completely forgot that Bran can warg into animals/people and is a pretty damn good fighter. Why TF didn't he warg into Ghost or Rhaegal (especially once he crash landed)? Even picking a random, jacked Unsullied would have at least been helpful. He was literally just the bait.

Also, pretty brutal that Jon stops dead in his tracks when the NK turns around, allowing him to raise the dead to surround him, rather than just continuing to sprint at him.

I think a lot of people had started to hate Dany, but this episode surely changed that. She proved to be a pretty badass dragon warrior, when I kind of thought she'd peace out or just look out for her best interests.

At the end I was left with the thought that somehow Arya is going to end up leading everything. Seemed important that Jon and Dany completely failed. And did Jon think he was going to kill the dragon by yelling at it -- was he just ready to die?

Probably just had given up, but maybe he thought he could somehow "tame" it, given his newly-learned family heritage?

80 min of battle and everybody is complaining. Gimme a break. Part of the issue with creating a feeling of utter helplessness, which they did wonderfully in this ep, is that shattering that helplessness is going to require the suspension of disbelief, in this case with Arya using what she has learned to kill the NK. Up to that point, we had been treated to the slow end of Winterfell and mankind. The suspense at the beginning with nothing seen only heard, and then the Dathraki riding out to literally be extinguished, was one of the best scenes in the entire series.

The battle scenes were dark and confusing as many have stated, though that is how that would pan out in reality. My main problem was I couldn’t tell who had died some of the time.

By the way, would the fire, blue or otherwise, have even affected Jon? NK and Mother of Dragons are both unaffected by it, so why would Jon be any different?

80 min of battle and everybody is complaining. Gimme a break. Part of the issue with creating a feeling of utter helplessness, which they did wonderfully in this ep, is that shattering that helplessness is going to require the suspension of disbelief, in this case with Arya using what she has learned to kill the NK.

would have been nice to actually see that put into play for her to sneak past the army that had surrounded Bran. the only time I felt like Arya was actually using what she learned was when she was on the walls murking fools. the leap from nowhere should have either been set-up or a reveal. leap from nowhere is badass in the moment, but when you think about it it feels kinda wack.

80 min of battle and everybody is complaining. Gimme a break. Part of the issue with creating a feeling of utter helplessness, which they did wonderfully in this ep, is that shattering that helplessness is going to require the suspension of disbelief, in this case with Arya using what she has learned to kill the NK. Up to that point, we had been treated to the slow end of Winterfell and mankind. The suspense at the beginning with nothing seen only heard, and then the Dathraki riding out to literally be extinguished, was one of the best scenes in the entire series.

The battle scenes were dark and confusing as many have stated, though that is how that would pan out in reality. My main problem was I couldn’t tell who had died some of the time.

By the way, would the fire, blue or otherwise, have even affected Jon? NK and Mother of Dragons are both unaffected by it, so why would Jon be any different?

Pretty sure thats not cannon in the book and only made up for Dany by HBO, right?

What if Arya and Dany are both pregnant ? Sansa should get it on with Tyrion so they can all have Targaryen, Stark, Baratheon, Lannister play dates.

Yeah there is no undead dragon in the books yet so who knows on that front. There isn’t even a NK in the book just The Others and a character who presumably is the show’s NK but that hasn’t been fleshed out yet.

Pretty sure thats not cannon in the book and only made up for Dany by HBO, right?

I've only read the first two books, and I can't recall exactly, but I thought Dany is still the unburnt in the books - except the fire actually burns all her hair off in addition to her clothes. But obvi wouldn't have made her quite as attractive for TV.

I just took the sneaking scenes as the build up for her sprinting past the WWs to jump onto the NK.

dude literally raised every mobile dead soldier back from the grave to follow him to the tree

the library showed wights operate partly of their free will, so you gotta think sprinting ain't gonna cut it

Theon's death scene showed the tree is very surrounded

would have been so dope to have her rip off a dead person's face pre or post leap like c'mon

Game of Thrones Season FIVE (and beyond) Discussion (spoilers allowed)

I figured she just came in through the same path that the NK just walked through. We know she’s stealthy as fuck (as evidenced by the fact that the blood drops when she’s sneaking around earlier were louder than her movements).

She also snuck up on Jon without any warning earlier this season - although the area did have far more people when they surrounded Bran.

I saw something on-line that says that one of the White Walkers that is with the NK blinks - which indicates it was actually Arya. If so, I totally missed that. Probably a little too subtle of a detail for what became such an important scene/ending. Or that could be internet made-up BS.

Yeah there is no undead dragon in the books yet so who knows on that front. There isn’t even a NK in the book just The Others and a character who presumably is the show’s NK but that hasn’t been fleshed out yet.

So, the Night King?

I think this season would be better binged. A week between episodes is going to make every one feel disappointing, even if it is a marvel of production.

Not as good as Helm's Deep.

current theories for how Arya snuck up on NK:

(1) extra ant-man suit
(2) invisibility cloak
(3) portal gun

Back