• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Game of Thrones - House of the Dragon - (and beyond) Discussion (spoilers allowed)

Did anybody else notice that the last time Jon saw Sam in the middle of the battle, it looked like Sam was fucked and Jon didn’t help? Or maybe that was some other fat bearded guy? Sam lived, but that seemed curious to me. As if to say, “you got another chance tonight to fight but have been fairly useless again.”

Did anybody else notice that the last time Jon saw Sam in the middle of the battle, it looked like Sam was fucked and Jon didn’t help? Or maybe that was some other fat bearded guy? Sam lived, but that seemed curious to me. As if to say, “you got another chance tonight to fight but have been fairly useless again.”

read to me like Jon knew the true mission was destroying the NK and couldn't waste time saving anybody else.

then the NK raised up the dead and Jon somehow killed eleventy billion of them

read to me like Jon knew the true mission was destroying the NK and couldn't waste time saving anybody else.

then the NK raised up the dead and Jon somehow killed eleventy billion of them

Yeah, Jon actually passes by many of the main characters who look to be in trouble, but doesn't stop for any of them. He is trying to get to Bran, but ultimately gets stopped by the dragon.

That's great. Screw the haters.

I love that group reaction. I think the direction for the episode was incredible. The writing leaves little to be desired.

Agreed; that was sooo good.

For the record, I am not hating on Arya killing the Night King. I don't think that's a terrible way to go. What I want to know is:

1. From when we left Arya as Melisandre was setting her on her way, how did Arya get out to the Weirwood?
2. If we just let that go and call it plot magic, how did she get past all the White Walkers without these seemingly, close-to-omniscient things sensing or seeing her?
3. If she somehow managed to pull that off, where was she coming from that she was leaping down, from behind the Night King, from that high up? What kind of vertical does she have?

I mean, there's a lot of leaps in logic to have that happen, but that sort of thing has happened a lot in GoT since about season 5 or 6. Emphasis has shifted from cool characters driving the plot with decisions that have real consequence, to characters going completely out of character to make a stupid decision that gets the plot to where it needs to be so we can have a "cool moment."

For the record, I am not hating on Arya killing the Night King. I don't think that's a terrible way to go. What I want to know is:

1. From when we left Arya as Melisandre was setting her on her way, how did Arya get out to the Weirwood? She walked. Or ran. As she is wont to do, sneakily.
2. If we just let that go and call it plot magic, how did she get past all the White Walkers without these seemingly, close-to-omniscient things sensing or seeing her? This is a reasonable question.
3. If she somehow managed to pull that off, where was she coming from that she was leaping down, from behind the Night King, from that high up? What kind of vertical does she have? Maybe 3 feet ?

I mean, there's a lot of leaps in logic to have that happen, but that sort of thing has happened a lot in GoT since about season 5 or 6. Emphasis has shifted from cool characters driving the plot with decisions that have real consequence, to characters going completely out of character to make a stupid decision that gets the plot to where it needs to be so we can have a "cool moment."

My thoughts.

This one looks real. Seems kinda fun. I'm normally in full scaries/hibernation mode on Sunday night, though.

I dont think any of these are real, its illegal to broadcast GoT at a bar, for the same reason you can't broadcast an MMA without special permission, you are supposed to pay for commercial licensing rights, and HBO is pretty vigilant about cracking down on it.

I dont think any of these are real, its illegal to broadcast GoT at a bar, for the same reason you can't broadcast an MMA without special permission, you are supposed to pay for commercial licensing rights, and HBO is pretty vigilant about cracking down on it.

Mine doesn’t say HBO in the top left, so either that’s a fake or it’s what licensed HBO looks like in a bar.

If it’s fake, it’s well done.

Pretty sure there’s plenty of bars that do it, the most famous one being the bar in Chicago that has millions of subscribers on YouTube where they post the live reactions

Pretty sure there’s plenty of bars that do it, the most famous one being the bar in Chicago that has millions of subscribers on YouTube where they post the live reactions

I know of a handful of bars in Winston that do it.

Yep, I'll say it - I was bummed by that episode - at least relatively speaking. For starters, I could barely tell what was going on for the first 15 minutes, with the whole darkness thing. Then, they seem to have forgotten the dragons. The Dothraki get sent out first with their flaming swords - instead of the dragons that breathe fire. Then they try to light the fire trench with bows and arrows, instead of using the dragons that breathe ... fire. Then the Knight King shows up on his dragon - then he is gone for a while. Finally, he shows up where Bran is ... and then Arya comes flying through the air - despite the fact we last saw her in the crypts. And then I was like "sweet, Arya is going to kill the Knight King ... uh oh, I think he just killed Arya ... wait a minute, I think she may have killed him ... yep, she killed him ... hmmm, OK"

This is exactly what the episode was like if you had your face buried in your phone for 65% of it.

Are you my wife? Do you look up from your phone and say, "who's that?" or "what's going on now?" when you do?

ARE WE GETTING A DIVORCE, BUBBLEBOY?

Back