• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Game of Thrones - House of the Dragon - (and beyond) Discussion (spoilers allowed)

Weren’t the Dothraki kind of fucked when they rode into battle without dragon glass? Flaming swords aren’t going to do anything but look cool. The WW aren’t fans of fire, but you aren’t going to catch them on fire slashing at them. And besides that, they hadn’t planned to have flaming weapons until Milissandra or whatever her name is rode up literally right before they charged.

Weren’t the Dothraki kind of fucked when they rode into battle without dragon glass? Flaming swords aren’t going to do anything but look cool. The WW aren’t fans of fire, but you aren’t going to catch them on fire slashing at them. And besides that, they hadn’t planned to have flaming weapons until Milissandra or whatever her name is rode up literally right before they charged.

You can kill wights with swords and fire, and that's seemingly who they were going to fight. But sending your cavalry into a full charge into an unknown position across uneven ground in the complete dark while you sit there with two fucking dragons watching for no reason is incomprehensibly stupid. And those two previous sentences were far and away the nerdiest things I've ever posted in my life. I'm glad my wife doesn't read the boards. She wouldn't fuck me again for half a year.

When you are outnumbered and trying to defend a position the worst thing you can do is attack

I was hoping so hard that the Dothraki and their horses were going to charge right back at the living army after being turned by the NK. Would have served them right for sacrificing their cav like that. Morons.

that would have been sweet

regardless of their skill, using the dothraki against zombies is fucking dumb for the same reason modern armies usually fail in zombie movies: zombies don't give a shit about shock and awe. cavalry charges rely on the violence of action to break the spirit of the line.

that's why neither Jon nor Dany should be on the Throne.

Anyone else noticed the battle music being the same as Westworld? I didn't even realize the composer was the same until I looked it up today...Ramin Djawadi.

Anyone else noticed the battle music being the same as Westworld? I didn't even realize the composer was the same until I looked it up today...Ramin Djawadi.

I didn't hear a Japanese version of Wu-Tang.

I demand a refund.

White walkers had ceased to act as the leaders came into the area, they were just standing there, probably not that hard to get by them as they had turned into watchers

I'm sure the books will go into this more, but there was obviously a hierarchy among the white walkers. Night King dies; kills all of them. But there must be some different process to make a Night Prince (?) like the crew that was hanging with the Night King, as opposed to just raising more wights.

George R.R. Martin's fat ass is going to die before he finishes that shit though. Fucking frustrating.

While using the dothraki to attack was definitely dumb, it seemed the entire strategy led to killing the NK. Everyone else was expendable and targeted at either drawing the NK out or delaying until the NK arrived.

I think a lot of the main characters were able to survive despite the huge number of zombies because the zombies weren't trained in any combat, didn't have any weapons, and just relied on running full force at the living. Yeah they had a ton of zombies, but they also didn't have any appreciable skills once you were in hand to hand combat.

turns out they should've just wheeled Bran out side the castle walls next to a bush or something and wait for the NK to stroll up. would've saved like 50,000 lives or whatever

I'm sure the books will go into this more, but there was obviously a hierarchy among the white walkers. Night King dies; kills all of them. But there must be some different process to make a Night Prince (?) like the crew that was hanging with the Night King, as opposed to just raising more wights.

George R.R. Martin's fat ass is going to die before he finishes that shit though. Fucking frustrating.

I always assumed that that’s what they used Craster’s sons for.

I always assumed that that’s what they used Craster’s sons for.

I think this is generally supposed to be the answer/conclusion. the zombie things are those raised form dead. White Walkers are living the NK turns to Walkers aka Crastors Sons

Back