• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Game of Thrones - House of the Dragon - (and beyond) Discussion (spoilers allowed)

maybe the head of the iron bank ends up on the throne

I also love how the writers, errrr, Cersei, conveniently forgot about Storms End. I can't imagine it was just Danny's to give away. "Does anyone know who is the lord of Storms End?" No...we don't know because the show writers left it out. At least wait until the war is over. I highly doubt if Cersei were to win that she's just going to let one of Robert's bastards take over a fortress that is right next to Kings Landing.

It is a case example of what has been happening since about the 5th season: GRRM giving them an end point (say, Gendry rules Storms End) and these writers completely butchering the delivery.

Last edited:
i'm guessing that the thinking is that if Cersei wins, all of Dany' followers will be killed anyway in battle or executed. Promising it is meaningless unless Gendry stays loyal and helps Dany win.

i'm guessing that the thinking is that if Cersei wins, all of Dany' followers will be killed anyway in battle or executed. Promising it is meaningless unless Gendry stays loyal and helps Dany win.

Not sure how many people know about Arya and Gendry, but it could have also been an attempt to gain some Stark loyalty.

I saw it more as, "Fuck. Jon has a better claim to the throne than me. Come to think of it, so does this Gendry kid. Hey Gendry! You're the new lord of Storm's End! Grats bro!"

Game of Thrones has been a mess from the production standpoint this season...

wfk6yqazqnw21.jpg

wfk6yqazqnw21.jpg

Not to mention:
King's Landing is apparently in the desert now, versus a coastal area with tree covered hills on the other side.
Jaime bashed his cousin's head in, and did not strangle him like Jaime said last episode.
And apparently more ballista bolts were fired at once than actual ships in Euron's fleet of attackers.

I’m not sure Clegane Bowl is on. I bet Greyworm wants a number now.

Still watching, but it really has been a lazy and rushed last 6 episodes.

Yeah that Rivers thing. Lol so lazy

it is bizarre to me that the show, which spent 11 weeks, 750 production staff, and likely $50MM on the battle of winterfell is so careless about minutiae in everything else it does

they had a long time between seasons to get the small stuff right too

seems like the showrunners are a bit checked out since when filming and editing they were probably planning their (now ill-fated) Confederate series and the Star Wars trilogy they were given.

Wonder if there's any chance Dany dies, but Drogon doesn't, allowing Jon (or Tyrion??) to ride him.

seems like the showrunners are a bit checked out since when filming and editing they were probably planning their (now ill-fated) Confederate series and the Star Wars trilogy they were given.

Forgot about the Star Wars trilogy -- now concerned about them starting something from scratch without great source material (unless there is source material I don't know about).

I agree, but could also see Drogon going rogue and flying away on his own again or going completely scorched earth to get revenge.

Back