• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Game of Thrones Season 3 TV Thread (for non-readers)

Was season 2 better than season 1? Because I watched it on-demand earlier this month with massive expectations and I came away a little disappointed. Starting season 2 either tonight or tomorrow.

if you were disappointed with season 1 then just don't bother continuing. the show obviously isn't for you.

Just from reading the books, I'd say the show is about to peak in television quality over the next 2 seasons (since they're splitting book 3 into 2 seasons). *%&# is about to get crazy. Can't wait.

those who have perished (or who will soon) and to complicate the plots already in place. The showrunner’s however have also mentioned that this season is also the one that will diverge the most from the source material, even to the extent that some characters may die who were left alive in the novel, and some may live who were killed.

woah

THE FUCK.

On one hand that's pretty neat because it means I can be surprised by shit. On the other, messing that much w/ the books!?

And as far as that goes, I like it as someone who hasn't read the books. If Martin is still involved heavily with the show, I bet the changes will be for the cinematic betterment of the show.

THE FUCK.

On one hand that's pretty neat because it means I can be surprised by shit. On the other, messing that much w/ the books!?

Some really cool characters and a lot of character development. But mostly you're missing really frustrating shit.

And as far as that goes, I like it as someone who hasn't read the books. If Martin is still involved heavily with the show, I bet the changes will be for the cinematic betterment of the show.

I feel like they may change it up on purpose, like that sick bastard that created The Walking Dead. They don't want everyone to know what is coming at every turn, plus I'd imagine that the writers had more than one way they thought about taking the story when writing it and this could be a chance to see how their other idea(s) would have played out.

Just a thought from somebody that sucks at creative writing.

Are we all in agreement that this thread is safe-reading for non-book readers?

I liked the first two seasons enough to read the first two books, but I haven't read book 3 (I like seeing it on TV and then going back and reading) yet.

Haha, I guess it's safe 4 now. Not sure it's gonna stay that way once the season starts and we start discussing what they actually changed from the storyline.

Are we all in agreement that this thread is safe-reading for non-book readers?

I liked the first two seasons enough to read the first two books, but I haven't read book 3 (I like seeing it on TV and then going back and reading) yet.

For the love of god every book reader would say skip the fuck ahead. Tonight. Read.

Back