• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Game of Thrones Season 3 TV Thread (for non-readers)

wasnt there talk of two threads so the readers can jerk off to the source material and leave the rest of us to discover the storyline the real american way?

wasnt there talk of two threads so the readers can jerk off to the source material and leave the rest of us to discover the storyline the real american way?

good idea

Yes, we had that last season. I will start a reader thread.

yeah, all you readers need to get off this thread and stay off it completely. you nerds can't help but spoiling even when you try not to.

that idiot palma already started dropping spoilers IRL.

Wow, Apparently Joffrey is 4 years older than Sansa (Joffrey is 20 next month) woulda never guessed that.

I like how they casually said "your face doesn't look that bad, you didn't lose your nose like rumors said" to get around how he actually loses his nose in the book.

Wow, Apparently Joffrey is 4 years older than Sansa (Joffrey is 20 next month) woulda never guessed that.

21 in May:
Jack Gleeson (born 20 May 1992) is an Irish actor, best known for his portrayal of Joffrey Baratheon
Sophie Turner (born 21 February 1996) is an English actress, known for playing Sansa Stark

Also means we won't see Sansa boobies any time soon.

I thought that was a good setup episode, but time to see some more white walkers next week.

The wife and I were confused somewhat in regards to how much time had elapsed from the end of last season to this one. We then had to guess it was less than a week with the Stannis' captain found stranded on the rocks, as he really didn't have any way to feed himself out there. And Lord knows how he could have made it more than a few days without fresh water.

What was the deal with the deadly grasshopper in the ball and the weird little girl?

What was the deal with the deadly grasshopper in the ball and the weird little girl?

They hinted that it had something to do with those magic guys that tried to capture her and her dragons. But I thought he was burned, so it confused me as well.

It was an assassination attempt. I think the show implies (and it is this way in the books) that there are more warlocks than just that one dude that gets charbroiled.

I was actually pretty disappointed with the first episode. I never really appreciated how many story-lines have to be kept going until watching them try to fit all in one episode what is going on with each character. Basically I think that by trying to get everyone a piece of the first episode they weren't able get in-depth with any one.

It was an assassination attempt. I think the show implies (and it is this way in the books) that there are more warlocks than just that one dude that gets charbroiled.

I was actually pretty disappointed with the first episode. I never really appreciated how many story-lines have to be kept going until watching them try to fit all in one episode what is going on with each character. Basically I think that by trying to get everyone a piece of the first episode they weren't able get in-depth with any one.

I agree that each line ended up being thin. It looks like there is going to be some cray shit go down up north. I imagine the focus will shift there soon.

I did like how the Watch's Commander dropped the, "YOU HAD ONE JOB" on Sam for not releasing the crows to warn the rest of the people back at the Wall.

The assassination attempt, in the books, was done by one of the faceless ones, not the warlocks. Presumably the warlocks paid for him, but that is never really confirmed.

The assassination attempt, in the books, was done by one of the faceless ones, not the warlocks. Presumably the warlocks paid for him, but that is never really confirmed.

False, it was attempted by one of the sorrowful men from Qarth. Another group of assassins who fall a bit below the faceless ones. They generally say something to the effect of "I am sorry" before killing their targets. Thus the name of their group. I can't remember if the girl in the episode did that.

Back