• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Game of Thrones Season 3 TV Thread (for non-readers)

False, it was attempted by one of the sorrowful men from Qarth. Another group of assassins who fall a bit below the faceless ones. They generally say something to the effect of "I am sorry" before killing their targets. Thus the name of their group. I can't remember if the girl in the episode did that.

Ah, you're right. Damn you, Martin. Why you gotta name your assassins so closely to each other! Sorrowful ones... faceless ones... What's next?!

Ah, you're right. Damn you, Martin. Why you gotta name your assassins so closely to each other! Sorrowful ones... faceless ones... What's next?!

The faceless ones wouldn't have fucked it up, that's the only reason I knew it wasn't them.

I guess it is mostly because the faceless ones are infinitely more interesting and fleshed out in the books. Petyr talks about how they could hire an army of sellswords for the price of one faceless man to kill a merchant and that it would be even more to kill someone like a princess(Daenerys.)

Yeah, that is true too. Honestly, I can't even remember mentions to the sorrowful ones in the books.

Wtf go away you book readers, you have your own thread. Prepare for neg reps

Can someone refresh my memory about Harrenhal? Who are all the dead people? Why is Robb locking up his mom? Anger about the Kingslayer or is it related to what they found at Harrenhal?

Can someone refresh my memory about Harrenhal? Who are all the dead people? Why is Robb locking up his mom? Anger about the Kingslayer or is it related to what they found at Harrenhal?

You want the book or tv version of the events? I know appetite wants the book version..

IIRC, those people were dead prisoners that Gregor Clegane(The Mountain) killed when his forces abandoned the castle. Robb never actually went to Harrenhal in the books. He sent Roose Bolton there.

To clarify, the show completely made up the dead people.

here's another spoiler from the book of pit:

Apetit murders tw and cookout for ruining the tv thread with their lame book spoilers

I thought that was a good setup episode, but time to see some more white walkers next week.

The wife and I were confused somewhat in regards to how much time had elapsed from the end of last season to this one. We then had to guess it was less than a week with the Stannis' captain found stranded on the rocks, as he really didn't have any way to feed himself out there. And Lord knows how he could have made it more than a few days without fresh water.

Want me to tell you what the books said about it?

unless you've seen all the eps, you don't know how they plan on revealing the stuff you posted about NOOB. prepare for more negrep

They are not going to reveal anymore about that assassination attempt, I can guarantee that (and that is a spoiler!).

The downfall of the series is that they obviously have to leave shit out to fit everything in. Clarifying who and what certain groups are is not high on their list of priorities (since they don't want to confuse you noobs anymore than they have to). I just didn't want you guys to think that the warlock had magically come back and tried to kill her, because that's wrong.

They are not going to reveal anymore about that assassination attempt, I can guarantee that (and that is a spoiler!).

The downfall of the series is that they obviously have to leave shit out to fit everything in. Clarifying who and what certain groups are is not high on their list of priorities (since they don't want to confuse you noobs anymore than they have to). I just didn't want you guys to think that the warlock had magically come back and tried to kill her, because that's wrong.

If the show is implying they think that then let them think that.

dude, that IS a spoiler. revealing what isn't going to happen is no different from revealing that something is going to happen.

the fact that people who know what's going to happen don't understand that is why you guys should stick to your own thread.

the guys directing the show didn't coincidentally leave the mysterious attack at the end of the episode. when someone innocently mentions that they really love character X, that's a spoiler.

If the show is implying they think that then let them think that.

The show isn't implying that at all, and I could make that argument without having read the books. In fact, I'm curious, what exactly about that attack would lead to one jumping to that conclusion?

The official HBO recap says it was a warlock attack.

Along the waterfront, Dany debates the value of the Unsullied with Ser Jorah. She worries about being a slave owner but Ser Jorah assures her she will be a fair master. A cloaked man follows them as they walk along the docks. Dany's attention is drawn to a little girl who rolls a ball towards her and asks her to open it. As Dany untwists the painted ball, the hooded man knocks it from her and stabs the poisonous manticore that crawls from it. As Ser Jorah takes hold of the man, the girl, now brandishing stained blue lips and teeth, disappears through the crowd. Dany realizes the warlocks of Qarth are after her. Dany thanks the hooded man, who kneels before her and reveals himself. Ser Barristan Selmy, who served as Lord Commander of the Kingsguard until Joffrey forced his retirement, pledges himself to Daenerys Stormborn and asks her for forgiveness.

Back