• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Game of Thrones Season 3 TV Thread (for non-readers)

FYI, if you regularly read some of the popular major websites for GoT show analysis/thoughts, one of them (I forget which) implicates something relatively big possibly occurring in an article not supposed to give out future events so be warned that it's out there on a big website.

I read a few of them last night, was surprised that literally half of them are full on spoiling. I wouldn't read anything on the internet about it at all if you don't want shit leaked.

FYI, if you regularly read some of the popular major websites for GoT show analysis/thoughts, one of them (I forget which) implicates something relatively big possibly occurring in an article not supposed to give out future events so be warned that it's out there on a big website.

AVclub is pretty good. they have one recap with spoilers from the book and one without

My sig line finally came to fruition after having it since the site's inception, albeit a slightly modified version. Well done, show.

Y'all weren't the only ones who were surprised...

Videos like this remind me of why I have no faith in the future of this country. Jesus, it's still a fucking tv show in the end. I think I raised an eyebrow and said, "Holy shit," and that was about it. No dramatics. No hysterics.

Videos like this remind me of why I have no faith in the future of this country. Jesus, it's still a fucking tv show in the end. I think I raised an eyebrow and said, "Holy shit," and that was about it. No dramatics. No hysterics.

I assume you also were taping yourself?

Yeah, definitely not going to watch a 6 minute YouTube clip of dorks who tape themselves while watching Game of Thrones.

Great episode and #2 Holy Shit! moment in the series. Loved the silence in the closing credits.

wait....people really record themselves watching TV? What? That makes no sense.

wait....people really record themselves watching TV? What? That makes no sense.

I would expect other people who were in on the plot twist recorded the people who weren't.

one of my coworkers watches, and I asked him yesterday if he'd seen it yet. when he said no, I said he had to watch it immediately. He said he knew people were freaking out and asked "does something terrible happen?" I tried to keep a straight face but he pressed so I just said yes, something big happened.

Today I ask if he watched it and he still didn't. I told him I was surprised social media hadn't spoiled it yet. He was like "what is Red Wedding? who is getting married?" Again, trying to keep my face blank, I told him that Red Wedding was the name of one of the scenes. He again insisted I tell him who was getting married, so I did, and he asked if that is where something bad happened. I had to acknowledge that yes it was.

Gahh I cannot talk to people who haven't seen this yet.

I'm kind of amazed that I had no idea what was coming. Very good work by social media to be careful about spoilers. Pretty incredible scene to watch with zero pretext. One of the more brutal and effective scenes I can remember...

one of my coworkers watches, and I asked him yesterday if he'd seen it yet. when he said no, I said he had to watch it immediately. He said he knew people were freaking out and asked "does something terrible happen?" I tried to keep a straight face but he pressed so I just said yes, something big happened.

Today I ask if he watched it and he still didn't. I told him I was surprised social media hadn't spoiled it yet. He was like "what is Red Wedding? who is getting married?" Again, trying to keep my face blank, I told him that Red Wedding was the name of one of the scenes. He again insisted I tell him who was getting married, so I did, and he asked if that is where something bad happened. I had to acknowledge that yes it was.

Gahh I cannot talk to people who haven't seen this yet.

Ask if you can film him as he watches, and put it on YouTube. :geek:

I think they did the silent credits when Ned bit it too.

As for your friend who hasn't watched it yet, he has been forewarned already. It's his own fault if it gets spoiled for him now a few days later.

I have a feeling her reaction on the show is gonna be a bit more POed if she gets out of there. Sansa is going to be devastated. I wonder if her pussy ass will ever manifest all that wimpitude into some anger.

I don't get why people were so shocked. The whole series has been about backstabbing brutality.

Back