• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Game of thrones season 5 (NO BOOK SPOILERS)

Now, when you think back on it, do you think that there was probably a better way than starting your post with "hey dickhead" to address your issue with someone posting a possible spoiler in this thread?

Other than “When will George R.R. Martin finally finish his book?”, the most consistent question from “Game of Thrones” fans is: “How long will the series last?”

At today’s TCA (Television Critics Association) press tour, HBO head of programming Michael Lombardo said that the series will likely run through Season 8.

However, he added that he’d like co-executive producers David Benioff and D.B. Weiss to change their minds and to move forward with additional seasons.

In fact, the network is in favor of staying in the Westeros business for as long as they are able. Lombardo is open to a prequel series – if the creative team feels they have a compelling story to tell.

Read more at http://www.hitfix.com/the-dartboard...nes-last-prequel-in-talks#xOvvewSyRbdOTyT0.99

i for one want the creators to keep the story moving and without too much filler so going "indefinitely" is a bad idea. new seasons in the same world with a different story and/or characters could work. if they did that i would prefer not to have those happen every year. take the time to get the story just right (most people probably agree true detective season 2 could have benefited from a little more time in development).

------

don't click the link if you want to avoid any possible hint of a theory/spoiler.

http://www.hitfix.com/the-dartboard/how-long-will-game-of-thrones-last-prequel-in-talks

They could do a prequel of Robert's Rebellion. No dragon FX. Cast Sean William Scott and Ashton Kutcher as young Robert and Tywin. Matthew McConaughy as the dirty Maester, Christopher Walken as the Mad King.

That dude who burned at the stake before Jon Snow killed him with an arrow reminded me of Ian McShane. Does that dude have a brother in the book?

I just remembered there will be no "Ask the Maester" anymore and now, I'm sad.

Back