• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Game of thrones season 5 (NO BOOK SPOILERS)

Greyscale is curable a la Stannis' daughter. I think maybe you actually have to touch greyscale, not just the person, to get it, but who knows (the cliffjumper bros that infected Jorah were all greyscale).

Looks like we are headed for a showdown with Stannis and the Boltons at Winterfell for the final ep of the season.

Also, I thought that dragonride ending was a lil corny. Gave me Neverending Story vibes.

I felt the same way, but I think the dragonride is supposed to evoke images of Raegar Targaryean or whoever the old dude was that apparently rode a big ass dragon and conquered Westeros.

My book knowledge is pretty spotty, but you get the gist. The dragonride was probably a lot more meaningful to the book folk.

What part of Martin's writing leads you to believe that'll ever happen?

I have a feeling that this entire story is going to end horribly.

We got some vivid images of Joffrey getting poisoned, sooo, maybe we get to see Bolton get skullfucked?

I too thought the dragon scene was hokey. I feel like they could've done that a lot better than they did.

Stannis burning his daughter was just stone cold, man. Maybe the cruelest part of a show known for its cruelty. If he doesn't get what he wants, I think that he's gonna cut the bitchtits off his ginger priestess.

Stannis upgrading his Father's Day gift with that investment.

kingdom > handdrawn card

yo just putting this out there i am attracted to tyene sand yes i know she is 19 years old thank you HBO for making it weird.

yo just putting this out there i am attracted to tyene sand yes i know she is 19 years old thank you HBO for making it weird.

Lol. She's the sand princess chick that showed her tatties, right?

Those were some nice boobs. Very nice boobs.

I too thought the dragon scene was hokey. I feel like they could've done that a lot better than they did.
Probably running out of $$ to CGI it better. It could be pretty critical to the story though. If she can control the dragons then......that could get interesting. I actually think they did a pretty good job with that scene and conveying that the dragons have mortality. Their power isn't just limitless.

Last edited:
Re: Ramsey

The villains in this show do get served, it just takes a really long time and we get to see them do more awful shit than you would think possible before they finally get theirs. Joffrey and Tywin got to wreck shit for like 3-4 seasons, but they both eventually got owned. Ramsay isn't nearly the stature of either of them. The Lannisters, the Starks, Baratheons and presumably Danny would all fuck up the Boltons if given the chance, so I dont think the future holds much for Ramz.

tywin was a good guy, if they just presented the show in a slightly different way and positioned some characters more positively and some more negative even without changing the plot at all the fan favorites would be totally different.

Probably running out of $$ to SGI it better. It could be pretty critical to the story though. If she can control the dragons then......that could get interesting. I actually think they did a pretty good job with that scene and conveying that the dragons have mortality. Their power isn't just limitless.

I was thinking that the CGI budget in the last two episodes must be about 95% of it for the season. Good point about dragon mortality. I just thought it could've been handled better. Not sure how, though, as the whole time I was legitimately worried that one and maybe 2 or 3 pretty important characters were all going to get axed at once. I guess in that regard, the scene served its purpose.

To get greyscale, you have to touch the greyscale of another person. I think Jorah's greyscale is supposed to only show he really doesn't have anything to lose so he's risking his life for Dany since he thinks he's going to turn into a creepy grey dude anyways. I don't think they're going to kill off any of the main characters with greyscale (that'd just be lame) so if one contracted it, they'd just have it's progression stopped like Shereen so that entire story would be pointless.

tywin was a good guy, if they just presented the show in a slightly different way and positioned some characters more positively and some more negative even without changing the plot at all the fan favorites would be totally different.

but he was not. he destroyed entire family lines when he felt slighted. they played the song about it during the red wedding. he also was hand of the king and held his troops away while kings landing was being sacked when the targaryan's were going down. granted it was a terrible rule but lots of people died etc.

i do agree they could have shifted some of the pov's and got different reactions. jamie started as the mythical evil kingslayer before they told us why he killed the mad king and reinvented our perceptions of him.

I agree with the Grantland column this morning on the Stannis/daughter thing being logically inconsistent with the rest of the show.

http://grantland.com/hollywood-prospectus/ask-the-maester-dragons-human-sacrifice-and-more-dragons/

What bothers me about the scene is that it’s based on a character acting in a way that’s counter to how he’s been depicted all series. Stannis has been depicted as one of the greatest generals in the realm. He held the Storm’s End against a one-year siege by eating rats. So if the device that gets Stannis to the place where he’s desperate enough to burn his only daughter and heir alive is (1) some snow and (2) a sudden and convenient ineptitude at doing war stuff, that feels off to me. Stannis, “the greatest military commander in Westeros” per Davos, is in enemy territory, on the march toward a belligerent castle, and for some reason (i.e., to make this scene happen) he doesn’t have scouts out or watchmen guarding the camp or have his army — made up largely of professional mercenaries who themselves should know better — in the state of alertness necessary in a war. Also: Ramsay is now a ninja. I don’t buy it.

Stannis may be rigid, but he isn’t blind to politics. In burning Shireen, he may have won the battle, but he’s lost the Throne. None of the lords of Westeros would back a kinslayer.

Of course bad things happen on Game of Thrones. But when you arrive at those things through contrivances, it cheapens the shock. It’s about consistent storytelling.

he's borrowed a ton from historical events as well.

Back