• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Game Thread: ODU 12:00 noon 9/16 ESPN2

For those curious, noted Wake Forest de-committer Brendon Clark has retired from football and is no longer on the ODU roster, so this is not, I repeat, not a revenge game.

Wake is going to have to have a "spy" on the ODU QB. He looks like a good runner.

Seems like Garnes and Mustapha have both done some spying in the past. Do like.

I spy with my little eye an epic Monarch beat down

Mustapha has elite closing speed against the run. This could be a great chance for him to dominate.

Predictions time: Wake 38-20. We force a couple of timely turnovers and are able to largely contain the ground game. Meanwhile ODU has issues with our up tempo offense, struggling to balance stopping a Claiborne heavy ground game with the athleticism of our wide outs ISO’d downfield.

Odd the line has stayed at 14 all week
Kind of an interesting spot (in a game that won’t have that much public betting interest). With ODU’s total overhaul there’s a decent disagreement and wide range on power ratings for the Monarchs. I see this one from anywhere between -11 to -24 for the Deacs from ratings folks who put numbers out each week. I’d imagine the “truth” is somewhere in the middle but did expect the domestic line to open somewhere around 17.

I know Pilchard doesn’t see much of an angle one way or the other at 13.5/14 which is generally a solid indication that the line is ballpark given he’s pretty solid. That said I do think Wake -13.5 has value overall.

With it being on the road makes sense. It being 20 at home we'd all go "yeah sounds about right" I

I do think there's value on Wake's side but it makes a lot more sense than the Vanderbilt line
FWIW I expect the Tech line to be roughly what Vandy is. Numbers have it around two TDs or so and line opens/settles around 9.5 to 10

FWIW I expect the Tech line to be roughly what Vandy is. Numbers have it around two TDs or so and line opens/settles around 9.5 to 10
Basically the same in my numbers so makes sense to me (I still disagree with it)

GT is gonna fool some people this week into thinking they're a lot better than they actually are

Hopefully they don't do the opposite next week.
james-franco.gif

Back