• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Game Thread: ODU 12:00 noon 9/16 ESPN2

The game or trip? TV promised shorter games and just simply filled the time with commercials. Those are Clawson's thoughts, not mine. See his presser this week.
The trip time to ODU is over 4 hours, so it's mostly a plane ride back to Winston. I was being pedantic.

I flew into the Norfolk airport a decade ago and it looked like it hadn’t been updated since 1982. Wonder if it’s any better now

I'm not sure why you'd go to the expense to fly from Norfolk to WS but I'm not in charge of travel arrangements.

I just care about winning the game.

If the turnover battle is equal, we have this. We’re as equipped in the secondary as we have been since at least 2017 (Bates, Taylor, Bassey, Redd) to handle this sort of attack. I’m glad we’re playing them early because this scheme feasts on young/undisciplined DB’s. So far our DB’s have been swarming and actually highlighting our defense. If we have to spy with Mus, that would be less than ideal as he is just such a force in both coverage and cleanup on the outside.

On offense, turnovers should the only thing stopping 3 or 7 every time we have the ball. They had their Super Bowl against Va Tech already, but I expect ODU to give every bit of fight that an App State team would at home against a ACC opponent. I trust Claw to have us ready and at the very least ready to race on the scoreboard.

Last edited:
Who will be at the game? I'll be in section 202.
Regretting that I’m not going considering how gorgeous it is today. Norfolk is only about an hour further from Winston for me. Oh well! Enjoy!

Hite has been really good so far. I really hope he’s back next week.

Last edited:
I see ODU getting off to a fast start and scoring first. We settle in and are up at halftime 20 -10. Second half we pull away. Final score 42 - 20 Wake

Back