• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Game Thread: ODU 12:00 noon 9/16 ESPN2

That was one of the best wins from a mental standpoint I can remember. the pick 6 in the second half was brutal. Brutal after the TD and stop.

the defense is playing great. There were 5 terrible plays and then domination.

mitch’s play is worrisome for sure. maybe a bit of a reality check today. We may need to move the pocket around some. he throws it pretty well moving. Too much pressure in the middle. That seems to be the Achilles heel.

It seemed to me in hte Vandy game that he threw much better moving.

Hard to polish this turd. Happy for team and they showed about as much grit as I’ve seen from a wake football team. But good we are not. Hard to see us making a bowl. Maybe there are enough trash acc schools on schedule we can grab a win or two.

They’ve looked like a 6 win team since end of last season to beginning of this season. I keep seeing the same 6 win team. IF they can fix their QB play and improve the run blocking from OL we could still possibly get to 7. Surely, Ruggerio will design some QB passes on the run. Mitch can’t see what he can’t see.

Hard to polish this turd. Happy for team and they showed about as much grit as I’ve seen from a wake football team. But good we are not. Hard to see us making a bowl. Maybe there are enough trash acc schools on schedule we can grab a win or two.
If I'm Clawson, I'm shopping the portal in the off-season to see if a QB might be interested in starting next season. I realize he's stubborn as hell so not holding out much hope.

Hartman was 12/24 in his fourth ever start.

It’s too early to tell.
Did the numbers because I was curious this morning due to some of the stuff in my DMs. Through 4 starts

SH: 80/147 (54.42%), 944 yards, six touchdowns, five ints

MG: 76/115 (66.09%), 1,125 yards, 11 touchdowns, three interceptions, one fumble lost

*this is presented solely from a perspective of putting the numbers out there not from saying one is better than the other, trajectory, etc etc.

Fourth-year sophomore vs true freshman

who were Sam’s first three games against? Tulane first, right?
Tulane, Towson, BC

I do think there is a little bit of coachspeak with fourth year sophomore vs true freshman. You can learn the system well, but don't know what you don't know until you get hit. You aren't getting hit for three years while you're sitting

Tulane, Towson, BC

I do think there is a little bit of coachspeak with fourth year sophomore vs true freshman. You can learn the system well, but don't know what you don't know until you get hit. You aren't getting hit for three years while you're sitting
That’s crap Cam. You are telling me there is no significant difference between an 18 yr old on campus for the first time and a 21/22 yr old who has been there 3 yrs already? You are legit off your rocker

That’s crap Cam. You are telling me there is no significant difference between an 18 yr old on campus for the first time and a 21/22 yr old who has been there 3 yrs already? You are legit off your rocker
Yes because I definitely said there's no significant difference between the two situations. Yep, that's what I wrote.

If I'm Clawson, I'm shopping the portal in the off-season to see if a QB might be interested in starting next season. I realize he's stubborn as hell so not holding out much hope.
It’s hard because success in our system seem to follow familiarity with the system. Seems to tip the scales in favor of those who have been in the program v. a 1 year transfer.

Who are we getting in the portal? A Phil Jurkovec level QB?

Lot of football to be played in 2023. I’m concerned with Mitch’s performance to date but Clawson earns a shit ton of money to figure these things out.

I mean, right now we're over under right about six.

Who are we getting in the portal? A Phil Jurkovec level QB?

Lot of football to be played in 2023. I’m concerned with Mitch’s performance to date but Clawson earns a shit ton of money to figure these things out.
A 4 or 5 star backup from an elite program wouldn't hurt. Not gonna happen though with Clawson.

A 4 or 5 star backup from an elite program wouldn't hurt. Not gonna happen though with Clawson.
Yeah. That’s not happening. And not just because of Clawson; demand is greater than supply.

According to 247, there were 4 five star QB’s in the class of 2022. Three of them - Klubnik, Allar, Wiegman- are starting. The fourth. Simpson, plays for Alabama. Those guys aren’t transferring to WF

Back