• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

GAMEDAY!!!!

It's not like their incompetence didn't go both ways. Their non-call on the clear PI on us (the kid from Asbury Park, don't remember his name) in the left flat in the 4th Quarter should have kept one of Tulane's drives alive. And we deserved to have the INT stand - that was an awful decision that deserved an INT and I don't mind not getting bailed out of because of a millisecond of timing.
So one call at Midfield that went their way and the fact that you think we deserve to have a turnover even though that wasn't the correct call is your evidence? How about that terrible pass interference call on Greg Dortch that stalled a drive that likely would have led to points?

Camerawork was atrocious too.

Despite Hartman's brainlock on the INT which was typical of a true freshman trying to do too much, I was far less grumpy and pessimistic about our season after watching the second half. Go Deacs.

Great job by our DL in OT. They put tons of pressure on their QB - something we needed badly given our problems in the secondary.

It's not like their incompetence didn't go both ways. Their non-call on the clear PI on us (the kid from Asbury Park, don't remember his name) in the left flat in the 4th Quarter should have kept one of Tulane's drives alive. And we deserved to have the INT stand - that was an awful decision that deserved an INT and I don't mind not getting bailed out of because of a millisecond of timing.

You are an idiot.

Really concerned about the play of the OL. They got lots of hype in camp, but really did not perform well. No holes for he running game and too often did not give Sam a lot of protection. Me thinks they have been reading their press and now need to refocus on doing their job

Has Bud made it clear that he wasn't impressed with the OL? I really can't tell.

Really concerned about the play of the OL. They got lots of hype in camp, but really did not perform well. No holes for he running game and too often did not give Sam a lot of protection. Me thinks they have been reading their press and now need to refocus on doing their job
The game plan was to make freshman throw, and they did. Hartman threw for 380 yards...I have no idea what you're talking about with regards to protection.

Do they need to get better? Sure. Did they show signs? Yes. But this isn't a Manning coached team...they will get it together and be good.

I know the RPO is great and all, but I'd really like to see some straight designed running plays to allow the line to get more push downfield, and our power backs to be able to hit the hole with some speed. Hopefully, adjustments will be made.

I am not as concerned about the OL. Tulane stacked the box and dared a Frosh QB to beat them. See how things progress over the next several weeks. Hopefully, the injuries are not too bad.

The game plan was to make freshman throw, and they did. Hartman threw for 380 yards...I have no idea what you're talking about with regards to protection.

Do they need to get better? Sure. Did they show signs? Yes. But this isn't a Manning coached team...they will get it together and be good.

Hartman threw 51 passes, and Tulane had 1 sack and 4 QB hurries. Pass protection was fine

Lol. Threw it 50 times with 1 sack, OL didn't protect well. Ok.

Three points:

1 - The best part about Freshman is that they become sophomores.

2 - How many times can we lose contain on the QB scramble to his left. We shut down their run game and passing game, except when the QB scrambled (almost always to the left). We should have used the Cam Newton rush, where you consciously try to keep him in the pocket and make him beat you with is arm, not his scrambling.

3 - I agree about the moron announcers.

One request - is there any way the WF Game-day app can add a pause feature in the radio broadcast? The app broadcast is normally 5 to 10 seconds ahead of the TV broadcast. It would be awesome if we could pause Stan to sync it up with the TV broadcast (and mute the TV).

Has anyone made a gif of Hartman waving at the Tulane fans after the game? Because that needs to be a thing.

I know the RPO is great and all, but I'd really like to see some straight designed running plays to allow the line to get more push downfield, and our power backs to be able to hit the hole with some speed. Hopefully, adjustments will be made.

Yea, some quick hitting run plays would be nice.

Not concerned YET about OL and rushing yardage. We did rush for 170 yds which isn't shabby and with the 380 yards passing you put over 550 yards of O on the board. If you would have told me that Sam leads our O to not drop a beat from last year with our offensive output I would have laughed, but as others have pointed out the RPO takes what the D gives us and they clearly were working to take the run away. Tulane's frosh DT was heavily recruited by the Tide and FSU before a health scare and the man squats 600 pounds! Doubt there are 10 other college FB players that could do that much. So I think the Tulane D line is going to prove stronger than we realize.

Plus as mentioned we only gave up 1 sack with a frosh qb running back there on 51 pass plays. That is fantastic! I'll take only 12 sacks given up for the year at that pace. And the rushing yards will be there now that teams know we have a threat in the pocket and can't just stack the box.

Not concerned YET about OL and rushing yardage. We did rush for 170 yds which isn't shabby and with the 380 yards passing you put over 550 yards of O on the board. If you would have told me that Sam leads our O to not drop a beat from last year with our offensive output I would have laughed, but as others have pointed out the RPO takes what the D gives us and they clearly were working to take the run away. Tulane's frosh DT was heavily recruited by the Tide and FSU before a health scare and the man squats 600 pounds! Doubt there are 10 other college FB players that could do that much. So I think the Tulane D line is going to prove stronger than we realize.

Plus as mentioned we only gave up 1 sack with a frosh qb running back there on 51 pass plays. That is fantastic! I'll take only 12 sacks given up for the year at that pace. And the rushing yards will be there now that teams know we have a threat in the pocket and can't just stack the box.

You mean "Big Easy?" What a creative nickname for a large football player in New Orleans!

Plus the only sack came 3 minutes into the game.

I look forward to an opposing QB putting up 450 all-purpose yards on us and posters praising how dominant our defensive line was.

Where were those refs from ? They were absolutely terrible. The interception call was one of the worst video replay missed calls I've ever seen. There wasn't anything to interpret. He was clearly down from two different angles. The Dortch fumble was another terrible call.

Penalties called were also a bit mind-scrambling.

Even worse were the commentators. Which one was the doofi who was trying so hard to coach Tulane from the booth? I'm sure he would have put Fritz on his headset if NCAA rules allowed it.

I am almost 100% sure the announcers said those were AAC refs.

CBSSN is the flagship station for the AAC, thus this game being broadcast by them and why their announcers were literally pulling for Tulane. Tulane with a power 5 non conference win is much more interesting to call a game for later in the year.

Back