• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

GATOR BOWL VS TEXAS A&M, psyche RUTGERS

Sounds like Shad Khan is pushing for Illinois in the GB - which means it is going to be Illinois in the GB.

Edit to add: However, I guess if Rutgers wants to play they would get first dibs based on their academic progress score - or whatever it is called.

Last edited:
Wake fans ought to be tweeting A&M recruits about this shit. ATM pulled out because they were afraid of losing - pure and simple.

A&M basically did what App has accused us of doing to them

Yeah, I never understood why App fans didn't understand that Wake had no control over the conference schedule and dates last year because of covid. This aTm situation seems like they have 5 guys that are positive and then 25 opt out and transfers.

Sounds like it will be Rutgers or Illinois, decision to come tomorrow.

I bet lots of the aTm fans are ticked, too. Not only do they miss a bowl, they may lose airfare, etc. And I hope aTm has to cover ALL the lost costs for promotional material and other preparatory expenses. This is such a putz move on their part. Covid? The game is 10 days away, for Heaven’s sake.

This is what I was thinking.

The bigger story is that A&M's QB Zach Calzada transferred, their freshman QB isn't able to suit up, and they lost Elko/Henson to other jobs.

Don't you know the legend of the 12th Man?

The Aggie were in the Dixie Bowl in 1921, and they had a full roster and all their coaches. Nobody had gotten sick or transferred or quit to go pro or anything.

When the Aggies recognized that there was no adversity to face, except a worthy adversary on the other side of the field, suddenly an A&M cadet came out of the stands.

There was nothing for him to do, so he just stood on the sidelines the whole game. He was so bored he made up some weird chants with synchronized swimming motions.

Or something like that. Would explain a lot.

Last edited:
It would probably be easier for a team that just played in a bowl game to play in the Gator. Getting a team cold, disbursed, out of practice, and their equipment put away, would be a challenge.

Don't you know the legend of the 12th Man?

The Aggie were in the Dixie Bowl in 1921, and they had a full roster and all their coaches. Nobody had gotten sick or transferred or quit to go pro or anything.

When the Aggies recognized that there was no adversity to face, except a worthy adversary on the other side of the field, suddenly an A&M cadet came out of the stands. He then stood on the sidelines the whole game and made up some weird chants and synchronized swimming motions because he was bored.

Ha. See I knew there must have been some explanation for those weird motions.

Illinois and Rutgers some games of note:

Illinois:
Lost to UVA 42-14
Lost to UTSA 37-30
Lost to Rutgers 20-14
Did not have to play Mich, Mich St, or Ohio St
Of course they had the big 9OT win vs then #7 Penn State

Rutgers:
Beat Syracuse 17-7
Lost to Michigan 20-13
Lost to Ohio State 52-13
Lost to Mich St 31-13
Beat Ill 20-14
Lost to Wisc 52-3

Wake fans ought to be tweeting A&M recruits about this shit. ATM pulled out because they were afraid of losing - pure and simple.

LOL, what do you think that would accomplish? They're not going to get a better NIL deal from wake.

Back