• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

GATOR BOWL VS TEXAS A&M, psyche RUTGERS

Bowl games have about twice the TV ratings of even a top 10 basketball match up and for that reason they will continue to be played.

Could be the worst bowl game ever. Rutgers is terrible. It has to be time to get rid of the bowl games. The stands are empty at all these games. Gambling is the only thing keeping the tv contracts going. Go to a 16 team tourney and get rid of all this nonsense.

Oof

Yes I know. Not sure a game against Texas a&m would have been any more meaningful. A 16 team
Tourney would probably eclipse March madness in popularity. Random now games have lost their luster the past few years.

Awesome year Deacs. Plus a ton of talent coming back. Program is just in such great shape, fun time to be a Deac.

Great season. 11 wins is a huge accomplishment for the whole team. Props for TCB today. Thanks seniors.

Looking forward to next season!

Great game and great season. I'll have my helping of crow. Deserve to get called out for saying it would be close. Us olddeacs are still getting used to the new and improved WF.

Hope Mora is okay. Thanks and best of luck to the seniors!

Ridiculous. We got weeks of additional practice, the team got a well deserved trip, and we get to send our seniors out with a win. And we had an 11 win season.

This. The attendance doesn’t matter much at all. Andy Staples had a good column in the Athletic a few days ago about bowls not needing “saving” at all.

Yes I know. Not sure a game against Texas a&m would have been any more meaningful. A 16 team
Tourney would probably eclipse March madness in popularity. Random now games have lost their luster the past few years.
I'm OK with the 16 team playoff. That said there would still be bowl games because they draw good TV ratings during the time of the year when there's a lot of open capacity. Ratings equals money for football programs ai8nd gives teams extra practice and a reward for having a good to great season.

Last edited:
Proud of our team. Took care of business today after a tough end to the season. Proud to be a Deac!

I'm OK with the 16 team playoff. That said there would still be bowl games because they draw good TV ratings during the time of the year when there's a lot of open inventory. Ratings equals money for football programs And gives teams extra practice and a reward for having a good to great season.

A 16 team playoff will end up just like bowls - players opting out. Too risky to play those extra games. A 1st rounder from Alabama isnt going to play a 1st round game (or 2nd if they have bye) in which they are favored by 50 and then have 3 more games to play. Its just not going to work. Too much money at stake now.

Nice for Sam to bounce back. Key moments of the game were his scramble run, throw to the goal one, TD to Chapman and Two point conversion. All great plays using his various skills speed, touch, agility and spreading the love to various players.

Defense locked down as the game went on, but got to consider the opponent. The Scarlet Knights were close to the worst Power V offense this year, and there missing their best RB and WR. Also, happy that Rutgers stopped running the ball up the middle, and played Wimsatt over Vedral. WF was going to win the game, but Rutgers' second half gameplan was ill-conceived.

Bottom line: Winning 11 games (tied for most ever), winning 7 ACC games regular season games (most ever), and scoring the most points in team history. This team was special. Can't wait for next year.

Back