• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Get well wishes for #99 for NC State

Tough to enforce. I guess you could say no subs except for the "injured" player. You'll have three or four guys cramping just to get the third down package on the field. Now you have four guys to make sure sit a series. Do we give them water? It's not really the point. You don't have to have a huddle to set up the defense, that doesn't solve anything. And is totally worth it to rest, water, and reset a struggling defense.

I think it's something that has to be addressed but you start, as I said earlier, with baby steps. And then adapt from there. Huddling definitely allows for coaching to occur. There is no magic solution to this. It's a shame that it is being abused as much as it is. But, "them is the breaks".

One easy to adopt solution would be a requirement for a medical exam of any player who is injured more than once in a game. Send the player to the locker room with a doctor to conduct a medical review of the injury that required a stoppage of play for the player to come off the field.

One easy to adopt solution would be a requirement for a medical exam of any player who is injured more than once in a game. Send the player to the locker room with a doctor to conduct a medical review of the injury that required a stoppage of play for the player to come off the field.

Not a bad angle. What if you also had a rule that only the injured player could be substituted for the very next play in the last 5 minutes of each half? At least that keeps from wholesale defensive package changes to adjust to the offense.
Again, they still stopped the clock but you could solve perhaps the other half of the problem with wholesale subs or defensive package changes.

Oh, and also not allow the team to huddle with the coaching staff during that same window.

Back