• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Get well wishes for #99 for NC State

The bind that I recognize the NCAA is in is that it’s an incredible dangerous sport and injuries do happen. I’d hate to incentivize hiding or gutting through legitimate injuries, so a rule needs to accommodate that. Especially for the QB who is obviously the least replaceable player for a series.

Ph’s suggestion does accommodate that. It’s only for defensive players. Just like the game can’t end on a defensive penalty, it’s ok to have different rules for offense and defense if it makes sense.

Yeah. The rules recognize that sometimes it unfairly benefits the offense to stop the clock so they can’t. This would be a rule that recognizes how stopping the clock can unfairly benefit the defense.

How can Dave D be OK with his team flopping like that? Hard to have any self respect or confidence in your team winning if you are telling them to fall down after every first down we get.

I was at the game Saturday night. Totally ridiculous. After #99's third faked injury, I turned and shouted at an NC State fan who had been barking all night that it was #99's third faked injury of the game and asked him how he could live with his team doing this shit. He had no response and knew it. He just shrugged and got quiet.

I bought a Get Well card yesterday and plan to mail it today to the NC State Athletic Department. I am enclosing a band-aid and have written on the card my best wishes for #99's full recovery and praising him for his undaunted courage in returning to the game time after time after each devastating injury.

I was at the game Saturday night. Totally ridiculous. After #99's third faked injury, I turned and shouted at an NC State fan who had been barking all night that it was #99's third faked injury of the game and asked him how he could live with his team doing this shit. He had no response and knew it. He just shrugged and got quiet.

I bought a Get Well card yesterday and plan to mail it today to the NC State Athletic Department. I am enclosing a band-aid and have written on the card my best wishes for #99's full recovery and praising him for his undaunted courage in returning to the game time after time after each devastating injury.

Send some Alien tape. After the 500 commercials during the game I am sold it will fix the State injuries.

He could also use a My Pillow to comfort his injuries although a side effect is spreading lies about democracy.

99 was also the guy who cheap shotted Sam and got the personal foul

We don't need more rules. We need it called out from the booth, the press, postgame press conferences. Name the names and the tactics. Shaming is always better. Call out coaches live on air when they allow it and this shit ends because it makes you look so fucking weak when you do it.

If we have the right guy, #99 played for James Franklin at Penn State.

Iowa fans would claim "that explains where he learned to be a little baby injury faker."

We don't need more rules. We need it called out from the booth, the press, postgame press conferences. Name the names and the tactics. Shaming is always better. Call out coaches live on air when they allow it and this shit ends because it makes you look so fucking weak when you do it.

Stan called it out on the radio broadcast that "after every big Wake offensive play" there was another wolpfack injury.

Joseph collapsed in brutal "injury" after the play at:
7:52 first qtr
1:12 first qtr
at 7:51 flagged for unsportsmanlike which should have been targeting on Sam, well behind the play after the interception (cheap as hell). The game would have ended 30 minutes before if this dude had been ejected here.
14:06 3rd qtr (guess the halftime treatment didnt work)
1:23 in 3rd
He also had time to get a sack in there as well. Bruh had a BIG night. O'Brien sort of hinted at how many times he had been on the ground, Hasselturd just went on about how tough State was, and Wake wasn't normally able to play this tough. What an asshat. Oh, 0 and 45 also had their moments on the big stage after big plays. State fans should be ashamed. Even UNC didnt pull that crap.

I don't disagree that something needs to be done, because the problem is obvious; but please think through the repercussions of the proposed solutions.

Also, if you just slowed the offenses down, this wouldn't be a problem. Again, you have to consider the repercussions.

So you understand that the fake injuries are to slow the offense down, you already have that. Also, fast play is used to limit the defenses substitutes so you know the personnel on defense, and finally, when one team has 17 injury timeouts and the other 3 you have to deal with the 17.

So you understand that the fake injuries are to slow the offense down, you already have that. Also, fast play is used to limit the defenses substitutes so you know the personnel on defense, and finally, when one team has 17 injury timeouts and the other 3 you have to deal with the 17.

If the same guy keeps going down multiple times, he's either faking or he doesn't need to be out there. It's like in boxing, a guy might can keep getting up, but the ref is only going to allow for so long. I mean, the targeting stuff is for player safety, then they need a rule that if the same player cause more than 3 injury timeouts, he's out of the game. Again, he's either too banged up to be out there for his own good or he's faking, so you kill 2 birds with one stone.

Five yard penalty every time a defensive injury prevents the offense from lining up. Offense has to be moving to line up immediately after play. Wouldn't be enforced on clock stopping plays (incomplete passes, out of bounds, etc.). Each team gets 5 30-second time outs per half (get rid of all the TV bs every time out), and time outs can be used to avoid the defensive penalty.

Defensive penalties (real or fake) take away a HUGE advantage to the offense trying to push up tempo. No reason to penalize the offense because the defense gets hurt and would negate all the faking. It's basically treating like you used to see the big fat lineman that couldn't get back on sides before the snap after a big completion.

Soccer, baseball, basketball, literally no other sport stops the offense immediately for an injury. It is too unfair and (as we now see when we play duke and state) leads to 20 fake injuries a game. They wouldn't do it if it wasn't a HUGE advantage. If you think about it five yards is not unreasonable at all. Otherwise may as well just say the QB can't say hike until the defense says they're all set up and ready to go.

Back