• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Givens gets 4th ROW award

I can't blame him if he's considering it, be crazy not to consider it. Really hard to tell how good a move it would be for him. On one hand he's not going to get any taller, but as good a season as he's had, I could see him having as good a season next year and improving his position. Whatever he does, he's been a joy to watch this season.

For selfish reasons I'd love for him to stay. He and Tanner would have another year to finish each others thoughts, and he could have an amazing year next year.

If he does leave early, I cant blame him at all though.

Certainly wouldn't be surprised if he left and I wouldn't blame him either. Who knows what could happen next season. He's had a fantastic year and his stock probably won't be higher next year. The only difference would be that he would have more draft buzz going into his senior year, but I think he can gain that at the combine anyway.

Givens is the same size as Jeremy Maclin and Mike Wallace, and I assume he'll do well in the 40. He hasn't been getting much draft hype, though.

Givens is the same size as Jeremy Maclin and Mike Wallace, and I assume he'll do well in the 40. He hasn't been getting much draft hype, though.

He's a great player. I'm not convinced he'd do as well as those two in the 40, though. I think he'll run a good 40 time (like a 4.45, or something like that), but there are plenty of guys that run that and are substantially larger than Chris.

There are quite a few big talented receivers that will be available this year:

- Justin Blackmon (expected to be top 10) 6-1 211
- Michael Floyd (1st rounder) 6-3 229
- Alshon Jeffrey (fringe 1st rounder) 6-4 232
- Nick Toon 6-1 212
- Jeff Fuller 6-4 217
- Mohamed Sanu 6-2 218
- Dwight Jones 6-4 207

With that said, Givens had knee problems and Ryan Broyles went from a 2nd/3rd round pick to possibly undrafted as the result of an injury. Would not blame him for pursuing his options. Hope that he would need at least first 4 round projection to consider leaving.

Givens has a lot of athletic similarities with Randall Cobb from last years draft. Similar size, speed, elusiveness. I'd be excited to see what Givens could do if we utilized him as much as Kentucky did Cobb.

Certainly wouldn't be surprised if he left and I wouldn't blame him either. Who knows what could happen next season. He's had a fantastic year and his stock probably won't be higher next year. The only difference would be that he would have more draft buzz going into his senior year, but I think he can gain that at the combine anyway.

Well if we could make the ACCCG then he could have more hype, but that is always a crapshoot as well.

Givens is key to next years success so I hope he stays.

Givens will have hype going into next season, so could rack up some awards if he has a similar year. All about where you start for those things, it seems. He will have made a name for himself after his tremendous production this season.

Givens will have hype going into next season, so could rack up some awards if he has a similar year. All about where you start for those things, it seems. He will have made a name for himself after his tremendous production this season.

Yep. That was how it was with Curry too. His Junior season was his best and way better than anyone elses but he didn't win the awards till his Senior year once he had the hype. Stay Mr. Givens!

Abbate would have had the same kind of hype if he'd have come back for his senior year as well. Probably would have gotten some hardware as well.

He'll be back...he has plenty to work on and needs another year of S&C (he only became serious this last season). As for Knott's departure there is no "soreness" between he and the coaching staff...as a matter of fact the last year has seen him chart a course away from the one that claimed Nick (by his own account).

Expect another jump in performance with he and Galloway working a full year together.

Givens has a lot of athletic similarities with Randall Cobb from last years draft. Similar size, speed, elusiveness. I'd be excited to see what Givens could do if we utilized him as much as Kentucky did Cobb.

I don't think Givens is as physical as Cobb, so I don't think he would work as well in a WildCat set up. But he is a much better route runner than Cobb was/is. Cobb is also more explosive. They both have good top-end speed, but I think Cobb is quicker.

Galloway should be our offensive MVP this year.

Would be a bad move to come out early...while he is a stud he isn't as big or athletic as alot of these other guys coming out this year are. I know hard to fathom as great as chris is but it is true. Remember what happened to our last stud that decided to leave early. Didn't work out too well. Another big year and hopefully his stock will rise to the top.

Hate to break the bad news but Chris has two more games as a Deac....He is going to take full advantage of this historic season. Things can turn in one play in this sport and he has to do what is best for him.

That blows, but probably the smartest thing for him, especially if can get his degree.

Hate to break the bad news but Chris has two more games as a Deac....He is going to take full advantage of this historic season. Things can turn in one play in this sport and he has to do what is best for him.

And this is coming from.....?

Back