• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Givens gets 4th ROW award

I would be surprised if Chris comes back. Also I'm pretty sure he's gonna have his degree after this year.

Sad to hear but understandable. I definitely think he would improve his draft status by staying.

Sad to hear but understandable. I definitely think he would improve his draft status by staying.

I think he would too because of the reasons people have provided earlier about his hype leading to more media attention, leading to more draft attention and his stock rising.

I know he's been talking about leaving, if he actually does so who knows, but from what I've heard I'd say he leaves if I had to.

No doubt his HS injury would weigh heavily in his decision.

I don't have a problem if he goes. His stock will be almost completely tied to his 40 time. At his size, he will need to do somewhere around a 4.40 or better to get into the 2nd round, but that may be possible.

He probably could stand to improve route running and get stronger. But I understand that staying is a risk as well.

You must have not have watched Sherman last summer. This kid will be all ACC by soph year. It will be tough to replace # 2 but this team is still very young and will be even better next season.

Chris will go between 2nd and 4th....He will tear up the combine. Not everyone has a Andrew Luck financial support system. We can sit here and say he should stay because of this and that but he has to do what he thinks is best for him.

I have seen Sherman's talent, but a kid with no experience is not going to come in and replace an All American. Givens should do what is best for him, but to say losing him would not make a huge difference to next years O is just not accurate.

It would make a difference, but 8-4 to 5-7 is just being melodramatic. We have a very talented group led by what looks like a fantastic coach.

Do people really think NFL draft stock is tied to awards or award-hype at all? If it is NFL GMs are pretty bad at their jobs.

Do people really think NFL draft stock is tied to awards or award-hype at all? If it is NFL GMs are pretty bad at their jobs.

Of course it is. The super-hyped guys almost always get drafted higher than the combine freaks.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

You can use the significant number of UFAs who make rosters as an argument either way.

Awards and individual and team hype get more scouts to look at you. I'd bet good money that scouts have spent more time watching Sammy Watkins than Givens and Watkins isn't even draft eligible and this is Givens 4th weekly award in the same league.

Last edited:

Scouts go to see the top talent. Being in the running for an award and/or hyped puts you more on the radar of scouts. At a school like Wake, this is magnified even more because we aren't an SEC school that has tons of scouts always around. A guy like Givens would absolutely get more exposure next year if he came back and the more exposure he has the better his draft stock can be. That doesn't mean it will impact it significantly but having a number of scouts sing your praises certainly can't hurt your draft stock

Last edited:
Selfishly, I hope he comes back because next season could be really special. That being said, I can completely understand why he may choose to leave early. I am sure he will be given great advice and input. I hope he will wisely choose to listen to those who have HIS best interest in mind.

Camp is a playmaker, but not on Givens level yet and them two together make them more dangerous without one or the other the passing game takes a hit whether you want to admit it or not.

Camp is a playmaker, but not on Givens level yet and them two together make them more dangerous without one or the other the passing game takes a hit whether you want to admit it or not.

C'mon, man. Chris is really good, but he is not worth three wins. Especially next year with a weaker schedule. You are short-changing the rest of our team, especially on defense.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Back