• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Givens gets 4th ROW award

Just to add, I hope he comes back, because he can definitely add to his draft status with all the preseason hype. Michael Floyd is exhibit A about what preseason hype can do.

I also understand if he feels he needs to leave. I hope he makes the best decision for him and his family.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

I think he can enhance his draft status substantially by another season of college ball. That is his call, I just hope he receives wise counsel.

C'mon, man. Chris is really good, but he is not worth three wins. Especially next year with a weaker schedule. You are short-changing the rest of our team, especially on defense.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

I said earlier I believe next years d has a chance to 06ish, but I am really concerned about a Givensless O. Mainly because of J-Roc's durability issues and unknowns on whether Reynolds can hold up to a full seasons pounding, and losing Knott with Deandre Martin being an unknown.

I think the wr's will be spectacular with Givens Ok to good without.

And then how well the new O-line develops.

Too many question marks about the DL to talk 06ish. If Okoro can successfully transition to safety and one of the other CBs can join Noel, the D could continue the steady improvement. I'd love to go back to a 4-3 though. At least blitz quick from the 3-4.

12 players make the list? I find it hard to believe Givens isn't one of the top 12 WRs in college football this year.

Camp is a playmaker, but not on Givens level yet and them two together make them more dangerous without one or the other the passing game takes a hit whether you want to admit it or not.

If Givens goes pro, Sherman could be Sammy Watkins next season. Camp is turning into one of the best slot receivers in the nation. He opens things up for the Wide outs. Let's not forget that who ever Galloway has will be coached up. Let's also not forget that Chris not only has to be concerned about himself staying healthy but he also needs # 11 to stay healthy. If he is projected late 1st or mid 2nd then its a no brainer.

If Givens goes pro, Sherman could be Sammy Watkins next season. Camp is turning into one of the best slot receivers in the nation. He opens things up for the Wide outs. Let's not forget that who ever Galloway has will be coached up. Let's also not forget that Chris not only has to be concerned about himself staying healthy but he also needs # 11 to stay healthy. If he is projected late 1st or mid 2nd then its a no brainer.

this I can agree even 3rd and possibly 4th round anything later he needs to hold out and have another super season.

this I can agree even 3rd and possibly 4th round anything later he needs to hold out and have another super season.

No doubt! Also, the other thing to think about is that we really never know from year to year who is gonna step up and have that monster year. None of us saw this type of season coming from Chris. I think I remember reading one of your post scrimmage comments when you thought Dembry would be our "go to" guy this season. The only real thing we can count on is that Grobe is building a team that is developing and getting older. As they age they will compete for the ACC. To say that one player leaving early means we dramatically drop is a bit off...

Agree, don't think you can go back to school if you are projected 3rd or better, unless you have the chance to improve to guaranteed 1st round like Curry did.

pigskin, is Sherman really looking that good in practice? If so that's awesome.

One thing about it if Chris does go Pro - he gave Wake four years. Its so easy to forget about that red shirt year when your in no man's land and nobody knowsyou exist. Everyone of us wants him to stay ( if thats even an option ) but if it's his choice to go then all I can say is do it big brother!

and Yes Sherman Ragland the III is the real deal.

If Ragland is that good we'll be lucky to get 4 years from him.

One thing about it if Chris does go Pro - he gave Wake four years. Its so easy to forget about that red shirt year when your in no man's land and nobody knowsyou exist. Everyone of us wants him to stay ( if thats even an option ) but if it's his choice to go then all I can say is do it big brother!

Welcome to the boards! You're a legend I see you all over the place during Wake home games, love the get up!

Hah, nice, the overalls guy! I came into town for the ND game this year and sat in your section. Great times.

And really, the "4 years" thing can't be said enough. Chris is on track to get his degree, isn't he?

Hey yall thanks for the kind words. We just trying to keep it rowdy over there in section 2. Please say hello if we ever pass each other. Us deacon fans need to be a band of brothers.Go Deacs

No doubt! Also, the other thing to think about is that we really never know from year to year who is gonna step up and have that monster year. None of us saw this type of season coming from Chris. I think I remember reading one of your post scrimmage comments when you thought Dembry would be our "go to" guy this season. The only real thing we can count on is that Grobe is building a team that is developing and getting older. As they age they will compete for the ACC. To say that one player leaving early means we dramatically drop is a bit off...

Yea I thought Dembry would lead the team in catches being the dump off guy and Givens would lead in ypc and tds.

But also attrition and poor character was the primary reason for 2009 and 2010, we lost a lot of players and had poor senior classes. I will hold out judgement on Ragland to I get to see him as he did not really standout during summer scrimmages. But I just don't see an inexperienced rs freshman replacing an AA senior. But I may be mistaken.

Absolute stud. If we do not recruit an offensive skill postion player from Texas every year, then bad news. Price, Givens (Potentially Hairrs) are all studs.

Houston Texas says hi! Sending to MSD another stud Texas running back - Joshua Wilhyte from Hightower High School. 4.4 speed (and passed over by big schools due to knee injury his junior year). Having a big year his senior year, knee is fine. Excited about this kid. Can't wait to see him bust long runs for us -- and he aint afraid to run between the tackles.

Houston Texas says hi! Sending to MSD another stud Texas running back - Joshua Wilhyte from Hightower High School. 4.4 speed (and passed over by big schools due to knee injury his junior year). Having a big year his senior year, knee is fine. Excited about this kid. Can't wait to see him bust long runs for us -- and he aint afraid to run between the tackles.

Seen his highlight video did not look close to 4.4, I think he may be good but he will not be ready next year.

Seen his highlight video did not look close to 4.4, I think he may be good but he will not be ready next year.

I never know how people judge speed on film. Speed of competition just means so much. I used to think about guys as "long-striders" or "short-striders," but even then you have so much variance between the two types. Some are fast, some are slow.

Back