• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

go PITT and go MIAMI (likely unofficial hedging our bets thread)

go PITT and go MIAMI game thread (likely unofficial)

#5 wake vs #7 Pitt three weeks later in Charlotte would be bigger

We just gave up 56 points. We have allegedly 12 injuries on defense. Winning every single game seems, ahem, unlikely. If State loses out chances of winning the ACC are enhanced.

Honestly it wouldn’t be. Neutral site conference championships are pretty low energy and not well attended outside of the SEC.

But I’m certainly cool with both big games happening, but hosting State and Gameday would be tiiiiiight.

I want the Playoff, it’s now or never y’all. The stars are aligned. We’re playing State regardless of their ranking, let’s hope they’re a bigger scalp.

Yeah we have an almost two-year old. We’re foisting him on the grandparents to go to the State game with friends (used to hit 2-3 per year pre-kid). Next year we’re gonna try him on the Hill against whichever FCS team we play. I assume a noon kick and the action done by early 3rd quarter so can leave early if needed.

Is your wife a Wake grad/fan? Mine went to UNC and UVA Law, so she just humors me.

Honestly it wouldn’t be. Neutral site conference championships are pretty low energy and not well attended outside of the SEC.

But I’m certainly cool with both big games happening, but hosting State and Gameday would be tiiiiiight.

I want the Playoff, it’s now or never y’all. The stars are aligned. We’re playing State regardless of their ranking, let’s hope they’re a bigger scalp.

If WF is 13-0 they are in the playoff regardless of how NC State performed against Miami

If WF is 13-0 they are in the playoff regardless of how NC State performed against Miami

I mean, maybe. There are plenty of one loss teams ranked ahead of us right now. It can’t hurt to juice the resume. I hope every team we play the rest of the year wins all their remaining games (if possible)

She is! And her best friend from Wake lives in Winston so easy to stay with them for the weekend and go to games.

Nice. If I wasn’t a $15 Uber ride away I could probably only get one. Really wish Duke was a night game

State looks so vanilla on offense. Nothing dynamic.

Their defense is starting to rack up injuries.

can’t tell if their defense is good or miami is just garbage

can’t tell if their defense is good or miami is just garbage

Well we know Miami is garbage. Their AD was asked if Manny Diaz was finish the season as coach. The AD said, “I can’t look into the future. The situation is Manny is our head coach and he is getting our guys ready to play tomorrow. And Manny understands we need to win more games.”

My wife is UF/UNF but is good friends with all my Wake buddies and their wives.

That’s legit, my wife is similarly cool with my other Wake fan buddies and their wives .

However none of us went to Wake, we’re just childhood townie fans, so my big battle will be for my son’s fandom. My wife’s parents are also UNC alums and are hardcore fans.

I really need to start getting the boy to Wake games ASAP. Hopefully on the hill next year. Luckily my boy loves watching sports with daddy and my wife doesn’t really care about the Holes or sports at all anymore, so I should win out.

That’s legit, my wife is similarly cool with my other Wake fan buddies and their wives .

However none of us went to Wake, we’re just childhood townie fans, so my big battle will be for my son’s fandom. My wife’s parents are also UNC alums and are hardcore fans.

I really need to start getting the boy to Wake games ASAP. Hopefully on the hill next year. Luckily my boy loves watching sports with daddy and my wife doesn’t really care about the Holes or sports at all anymore, so I should win out.

I was hoping this year was the year I took my boy to his first game. Alas, anti-vaxxer assholes have ruined that.

did anyone figure out how the tiebreaker would pan out if we had a three way tie with clemson and state at 6-2 (assuming we beat state)?

Back