• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good bourbon

What is the word on Blantons, is it really worth the 60 bones? Is it good neat, on ice, or like in a Manhattan?

Blantons if my favorite bourbon. I usually prefer it neat or with one or two ice cubes. I wouldn't advise mixing it though. Use a cheaper bourbon for that.

Wait, where?

We're ordering a private barrel split amongst some posters. If you are potentially interested, let me know and I'll give you access to the discussion forum.

We are 17 bottles short of filling out the order, so if you havent joined and may be interested, there's still time.

What is the word on Blantons, is it really worth the 60 bones? Is it good neat, on ice, or like in a Manhattan?

I don't really care for it much, mostly due to the price. I feel like you're paying for the pretty bottle and "1st single barrel" claim since it's only 8 years old and 93 proof. It seems to be the whiskey people give me as a gift the most. It's Buffalo Trace's mashbill #2, which is higher in Rye, so it probably does make for a good Manhattan. As with everything, YMMV.

We're ordering a private barrel split amongst some posters. If you are potentially interested, let me know and I'll give you access to the discussion forum.

We are 17 bottles short of filling out the order, so if you havent joined and may be interested, there's still time.

how am i not on this?!

Apparently quite a few posters ignore my posts. We were far from hiding it.

I went by the Clemmons ABC store and found my Four Roses Small batch. I has a happy now.

I remember being on a PM thread. Anyway, put me on this

Yeah, I mean, I could do 12 bottles but I have no problem doing fewer.

I enjoy drinking scotch but kind of feel like I'm cheating on bourbon when I drink it.

going in on a new bottle of Ardmore that I've had lying around....very good and I don't remember paying that much for it

Jesus whiskey 5: Johnny Walker Blue. I haven't had this in quite a while. It is a nice tasting, lightly smokey, smooth scotch that is most defs not worth the hype or money.

Jesus whiskey 6: Highland Park 18 yr scotch. Very smooth, light, lightly smokey, lightly spicy. Very nice but not extrordinarily interesting. That said I think a lot of people would like this.

Jesus whiskey 6: Highland Park 18 yr scotch. Very smooth, light, lightly smokey, lightly spicy. Very nice but not extrordinarily interesting. That said I think a lot of people would like this.

I have tasted this guy. It is a general scotch crowd pleaser.

Pearl Harbor Day Jesus Whiskey: Spirit of Hven Urania. This is a Swedish whiskey. I like this a lot. Malty and oaty. A little citrus, a little spice. Very very nice.

Apparently quite a few posters ignore my posts. We were far from hiding it.

I went by the Clemmons ABC store and found my Four Roses Small batch. I has a happy now.

Tried Four Roses Single Barrel for the first time this weekend. Tasty.

I would love to know more if it's still open.

Back